Setting multiple +q in chans automatically

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

couldntthinkofadecentnick

Setting multiple +q in chans automatically

Post by couldntthinkofadecentnick »

Me and someone else have both founded a network and we want it so +q is set on both of us ween we come in.

I have tried lodsa stuff but cant get it to work.

Have u got any advice, I have heard it cant be done however I have seen it done before so I think it must be possible.

If it is important we are using anope for services (latest windows version, we are moving it to linux eventually)

Thank you
Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

I have seen this done before, albeit with a version of IRCServices that I suspect was modified (although I haven't tried it with a vanilla version). It seemed to give the channel successor +q as well.

I'll try with a vanilla version and post back in the morning, but I suspect that it was modified.
aquanight
Official supporter

Post by aquanight »

There is an anope module: http://modules.anope.org/modules.php?op=details&id=153

You must use numeric access lists (/msg chanserv set #channel xop off), however.
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

You can also add some code to your script to +q you in all channels . Thats what I do with my admins .
Yawn. So there's yet another "if the user clicks the button, they're infected" exploit. Why is this news? We already know users are idiots.
Winbots

Post by Winbots »

i have modified kickservices to automatically give the founder AND the cofounders +q on my net, if anyone wants the instructions to modify it, ya can reply here, or pm me :P
Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

Just as I thought - the network I mentioned earlier uses a modified version of IRCServices.
sChutt

Post by sChutt »

Assuming mIRC as client:

ON 1:JOIN:#whatever: /if $nick == $me { /msg operserv mode $chan +q $me }

Seeing u both 'founded' a network, i take it both of ya's are opers aswell, hence, the easy way typed above.

- sChutt