spamfilter to just block a message

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
droolin

spamfilter to just block a message

Post by droolin »

I have a problem with winners that bitch and complain because some off the shelf !seen scripts are showing other networks when the individual that is being asked about has a history of being seen there. It isnt spamming or anything of the sort. But, to shut these bloody people up, I want to put in a block spamfilter for the known networks that seems to be causing the friction.
The following is what is driven from the !seen script.
[21:40] -Omni{away}- [LAST SEEN] "dotmatrix" - [email protected] Quit 6days 35mins 32secs ago Last Note: private/secret channel Quit: (SoundsNWaves.Net) The Spawning Server of AwesomeRadio!!! poof..........bye bye The One And Only AwesomeRadio!!!
And I tried to use the following to stop the message from being seen.

Code: Select all

/spamfilter add pn block - Not_Spam SoundsNWaves\.Net
I still get the notice when I do the seen on a person that I know hangs on mutiple networks. I even oppered down, to insure that my oper status was the reason I was still seeing the !seen.
I quote, this is not because of someone spamming. It's because Im sick of hearing the crap from a bunch of people that have nothing better to do then complain becauase an off the shelf seen script is showing other network names. Thus, my action being only to block the message.
We are useing Unreal3.2.3. Any sugestions would be greatly appriceated. Anything to shut these people up.

droolin
Hornyness is a perpetual thang. The hornier you are, the hornier your going to be.
Dukat

Post by Dukat »

That spamfilter looks ok - check /stats f to be sure...

But are you using the correct targets? Is it only sent via private messages and private notices?
If you don't make mistakes, you aren't really trying.
- Coleman Hawkins
droolin

/stats f

Post by droolin »

I was useing the /stats f to check it. I also used what the /stats f showed when I was trying different variations on the spamfilter. /stats f to make sure it applied network wide. /stats f to cut and paste for delete purposes. /stats f to cut and paste for chaging the syntext a bit.
The quote that I showed was from a private notice which I received when I ran the !seen myself and verified the type of reply. Is why I have it set for private notice and private message, I was going to add the channel also when I was sure it was working.
I don't know, I have loads of tkl exceptions built into the config files for me. I also am root on services. When I opered down I did via /mode droolin -ox.
Ill try it just logging on, and see if I still get it. I really do have a boat load of exceptions built for my ip into the config files and services. Maybe I'll have someone else test it for me also, to see if that is the issue.
Thank you for the help. Very much appriceated.

droolin[/url]
Hornyness is a perpetual thang. The hornier you are, the hornier your going to be.
deshikotha

Post by deshikotha »

I am newbie so my solution may not help you.

You can turn off quit msg from unrealircd.conf file and put your own quit msg. Thats what i do normally.

Thanks.