PrivDeaf - Syzop_

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
eQuiliBrium

PrivDeaf - Syzop_

Post by eQuiliBrium »

PrivDeaf - Syzop_

This adds a usermode +D: makes it so you cannot receive non-channel privmsgs (except from opers, u-lines and servers). So like +d, but for private msgs.
After looking at this new module it kinda gave me an idea.
This new mode looks similair to the one of conferens room uses.
I belief it was [(/mode nick +m) dont know it its still like that]
Anyway, the only think i mis in this new module is that there is no msg given to the user that is trying to mesage you.
Just a convermation that the user that is using mode +D will not accep any privat messages.
Just like mode +T dos in the new version of unreal (3.2)
T = Prevents you from receiving CTCPs
nick does not accept CTCPs
Or perhaps giving the user using mode +D a swhois saying that "this user is not accepting any privat msg"

Just a thought ...
Let me think about it
AngryWolf

Re: PrivDeaf - Syzop_

Post by AngryWolf »

Hello,

I agree in your suggestion, and I don't think it would cause any bad if such a response was displayed to the person who sends a message to a +D user. I've made a simple patch that does what you need, and will give you the URL to download it, but you should know that if you don't contact the author, he probably won't know anything about this suggestion and won't add the feature directly to the module. By the way, I'm not sure if he would accept it at all, this is a question that only he can answer. Here's the patch for you:

http://www.angrywolf.org/m_privdeaf.c.patch

You can apply it with the following command:

patch m_privdeaf.c m_privdeaf.c.patch
Last edited by AngryWolf on Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eQuiliBrium

Post by eQuiliBrium »

@ AngryWolf,

Thanks you for your respons, BUT i have installed the new module edit that you have made
But the new module doc not do what it stands for, in fact i am having some error's

After a "/rehash" the server take's your mode +D away and even if you
aply "/mode nick +D" again there is no external message
Same as before ...
Let me think about it
AngryWolf

Errors

Post by AngryWolf »

Sorry, but your English isn't quite understandable. First of all, I assume 'some' means '2', just to be exact.

Problem 1 (losing umode +D): on /rehash all dynamic modules are reloaded. At the time a module is being unloaded, all objects (including user & channel modes, snomask, etc.) are unloaded too. That means, the module has to be permanent (not unloadable) to keep user mode +D all the time. Of course this can be easily done with a modification, but then the module will lose compatibility with beta15 and require beta18 or a latter version. I guess it's not a big problem, since we rather use beta19 or RC1 nowadays. Here is a patch that fixes the problem:

http://www.angrywolf.org/m_privdeaf.c.patch2

Apply with the original m_privdeaf.c. If everything's fine, in the output of /module you will see a [PERM] flag at the line where m_privdeaf is displayed. I still suggest to try to make contact with the author of the module, because I can only provide patches,

Problem 2 (changes don't come into effect): have no idea what you mean by 'external message', but I guess you either forgot to recompile the module after patching or you tried to send a message to a +D user who is actually an operator or has an U:Line. In both cases there's no 'module doc' problem, and everything is documented well.
Last edited by AngryWolf on Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

Anyway, the only think i mis in this new module is that there is no msg given to the user that is trying to mesage you.
Just a convermation that the user that is using mode +D will not accept any private messages.
I agree, it's simple to add and a bit less mean ;).

I'll fix the mode-lost-after-/rehash issue too.
eQuiliBrium

Post by eQuiliBrium »

Thanks Syzop,

Thats the only way it sould be
8)
Let me think about it
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

Hmm, looks like Syzop doesn't like Win32 support. :-) Probably it was intentional or... can I ask why? I'm just curious. Well, ok, I've deleted the patches, as of version 0.0.6 they aren't needed any longer.
eQuiliBrium

Post by eQuiliBrium »

If he is i cant blaim him
Try putting yourself in he's shoose

Some guy's comes alone and put's some patch over your module ...
I dont think you would be happy ;)
(not to disrespekt your work tho !!)
You are doing good work keep at it
Let me think about it
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

Ok, thanks, you are right. I didn't expect a quick fix. :)
eQuiliBrium

Post by eQuiliBrium »

Syzop wrote:
Just a convermation that the user that is using mode +D will not accept any private messages.
I agree, it's simple to add and a bit less mean ;).

I'll fix the mode-lost-after-/rehash issue too.
Will the new module with thes modifications be up for grabs any time soon.
I hope i dont rush you in any way just that i like this option to be installed in the new verion of unreal ASAP.
Anyway i hope to hear good new soon.
Let me think about it
YonderBoY

Post by YonderBoY »

it would be nice idea to add new feature to privdef, like when u get +D and anyone MSG you server will automaticly send to user that u don't accept msgs...
my modified example.
[09:44] -Irc.-----.NeT Sorry [Test] u ca'nt Msg to YonderBoY at this moment
eQuiliBrium

Post by eQuiliBrium »

That is new hole idea at this topic YonderBoY.
Syzop is going to make this happen in the new module that he is going to creat.
(As i understand)
Let me think about it
eQuiliBrium

Post by eQuiliBrium »

PrivDeaf 0.0.6 [2004-03-07]
Up for grabs here
-
-your.server.network- Message to 'Nick' not delivered: User does not accept private messages
-
Thansk form making this work Syzop
Let me think about it
Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

AngryWolf wrote:Hmm, looks like Syzop doesn't like Win32 support. :-)
It's nothing to do with Syzop, it's Microsoft's fault. Read this thread and you'll see what I mean.
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

Yes, I know and have already read that thread. I only wanted to say, the current code of PrivDeaf is rather designed for dynamic loading. On Windows you can only compile modules statically, hence many Windows users do so. I think they would also want to have PrivDeaf too in their win32 builds, that's why I asked the question. By the way, none of codemastr's free modules seem to have this problem.