Request: Regexp TKL Module

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
devolved

Request: Regexp TKL Module

Post by devolved »

I havn't seen this around yet, and it seems like it would be pretty useful for oper's needing to remove botnets manually, I have seen and made my own mIRC scripts to do such things before, but it required you to be in the channel. I think it would be better in general if you could have the IRCd do it without a script and regardless of whether or not you're in the channel.

One such similar module is the "regexkill module" by John Brooks, perhaps the module im requesting would only require some modification to his.
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

Isn't /spamfilter with type 'u' (link) what you are looking for? :P
Things like '/spamfilter add u gline - please_go_away ^[A-Z]-[0-9]{8}!.*' etc.
Granted, it's slightly different (often even better) because whenever such a user matches the regex, a *line is added on the *@host.. So even if he/she changes the nick/ident/whatever (s)he will still be banned for the duration of the *line (default: 1 day).

For obvious reasons, this can be quite destructive if your regex is wrong, so combining it with the regexkill module can be a good idea (regexkill first, spamfilter later -- asuming regexkill uses the same format as spamfilter u).
devolved

Post by devolved »

Ah, thats very true, thanks for the suggestion.