Regex Tutorial

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Matridom

Regex Tutorial

Post by Matridom »

I'm looking for a good tutorial on how to create regex's for spamfilters.

I did not see anything in the faq, nor in the documentations (just complete examples on how to add the spamfilter to the server)

The examples i see here are a good start, but i would like an explanation of how the different characters affect the ban.
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

Hm. Did you see the section about regular expressions in the docs A. Regular Expressions.
As for other docs, I tend to forget which I used to learn regex, but I just googled a bit (IIRC I often used this one but note that it uses perl regexes, not posix regexes, which can act a bit differently, so it's not something I would paste to everyone, but I do like the way it is written :).
Matridom

Post by Matridom »

Syzop wrote:Hm. Did you see the section about regular expressions in the docs A. Regular Expressions.
As for other docs, I tend to forget which I used to learn regex, but I just googled a bit (IIRC I often used this one but note that it uses perl regexes, not posix regexes, which can act a bit differently, so it's not something I would paste to everyone, but I do like the way it is written :).
Thanx, i had missed checking the regex section (was concentrating on spam filters)
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.