Controlling dinamic ip clones using no-ip hosts

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
kuato

Controlling dinamic ip clones using no-ip hosts

Post by kuato »

Hi folks, is there a way , module or something similar to control the ammount of clones at a time for a no-ip host ? :? , i need a system like that to control the clones per ip of Cibercoffe Houses , using no-ip to update their dynamic ips and using something to set the ammount of clones allowed for that no-ip host in particular, each Cibercoffe House will had a no-ip and an ammount of clones for that no-ip.
Sorry for my english, im from Argentina and dont learn english on an :wink: english institute :P
Look !!! , Can you see the light on my finger ?Open your mind PD: my english sucks
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

This can be done in services . IRCservices for example has this .
# DefSessionLimit <limit> [RECOMMENDED]
# Default session limit per host. Once a host reaches its session
# limit, all clients attempting to connect from that host will be
# killed. A value of zero (or omitting the option entirely) means
# an unlimited session limit.
Hope that helps you some .

As for using noip afaik you cant use them for outgoing traffic just incoming . Otherwise it would be like a proxy address .

Noip is a redirect only . ie blah.servebeer.com could relate to my pcs ip address but if I come into your server you will still get my actual ip not [email protected] . Could be your intent is lost in your english :)
Yawn. So there's yet another "if the user clicks the button, they're infected" exploit. Why is this news? We already know users are idiots.
kuato

Post by kuato »

Maybe i cant explain what i need cause my language limitations but ill try to do it anyway hahaha, i pretend to use no-ip host to obtain the actual ip of the especific Cibercoffe house and taking in count which ammount of clones are setted to that no-ip the system glines that extra clones ... for example i set 5 clones for the noip mycoffe.no-ip.org, i do a /dns of mycoffe.no-ip.org and get the ip 200.43.20.9, then i perform a /who *200.43.20.9 to know the ammount of clones for that particular ip, if the result is more than the max setted "5 clones", there i gline the ip or kill the extra clones for that ip, i can do all of this manually, is there a way to automate all the proccess ? , i think that i could do it using mirc scripting but im too lazy to do this hahaha, please help me !! :roll:
Look !!! , Can you see the light on my finger ?Open your mind PD: my english sucks
commandr

Post by commandr »

Who can help us, I need it too for my net.

thanks in advance
w00t

Post by w00t »

If it was me, I'd just set the session limits and wait a while till they peer or something, it's not like they are activly hurting the network by idling :p
-ChatSpike IRC Network [http://www.chatspike.net]
-Denora Stats [http://denora.nomadirc.net]
-Omerta [http://www.barafranca.com]
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

As stated in my first post and echoed by W00t , Set the session limit in services and let services take the strain . Mirc scripts can be good but why when you have the most powerful tool available to you in Services .

Set the limit to 5 and the jobs done . Services will dc any other connects from that host automatically .

Gline'ing the ip is a bit harsh as I get the impression this isnt exactly attacks on your network as such .

Your users are lucky I have a session limit of 2 lol .
Yawn. So there's yet another "if the user clicks the button, they're infected" exploit. Why is this news? We already know users are idiots.
commandr

Post by commandr »

nobody understands :S
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

ok what we are saying is you can do this in your Services package easily so there is no need for a bot or mirc script to do it for you .

You need to read the instructions on your services on how to do this .

If you cant understand english very well try the International forum as someone my speak your own language .