no no no

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
cculha

no no no

Post by cculha »

Quote:
[23:32] -ren.geyik.net- *** Server=ren.geyik.net TStime=1128868132 time()=1128889912 TSoffset=-21778
-
[23:32] -super.geyik.net- *** Server=super.geyik.net TStime=1128868135 time()=1128868135 TSoffset=0

People, as w00t pointed out, the times are fine. All I have to add to it, is the offsets are screwed, as if someone tried using TSCTL and didn't know wtf they were doing.

To fix: go to ren.geyik.net, oper, and type Code:
/tsctl offset +3
This will give the servers the exact time.

NOTE: Because you are making Unreal time travel, Unreal may FREEZE until it has reached it's destination time. 21788 seconds is just over 6 hours! When doing this command, be sure you have shell access to restart/kill the IRCd if necessary!

I am locking this thread for, but not limited to, the following reasons:
1) Learn to read. There was clearly something wrong with the offset the whole time.
2) Don't play with things that say "Do NOT use if you do not understand EXACTLY what it does" in the docs, and make sure your opers know that. We are not responsable for user/oper stupidity, and there is a clear warning in the docs. Someone had to have played with TSCTL offsets for them to get so bad, and that person clearly did not know what they were doing.
[quote]

my friend stealth. very thank you for your help
1. the code must be /tsctl offset + 3 not +3 and then it don't works. i did it and after that my unreal freezed again one time in 24times and all of my users disconnect and reconnect. that's the ren.geyik.net close and open suddenly . and after that i will control the Ts time and it again -21778 by itself automaticly. how can i fix the problem . please help me. this is unreal ircd forum...
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

The "real time" of the computer is NOT correct. It is only thanks to TSCTL that the TStime (the time unreal uses) has been corrected, again.. thanks to the TSCTL synchronization.

The solution?
SET THE CLOCK OF THE COMPUTER RIGHT

If it isn't under your control, then ask them to do so. If they (eg: sysadmin, or hoster) refuse, then I would seriously suggesting switching servers. It is completely unacceptable for a server to have a time 6 hours off.
Btw, it could also be that the server is configured for an incorrect timezone (actually thinking about it, this is probably the main problem), again.. this is something you or the sysadmin should solve.

If you finally got the time(zone) corrected ON THE SYSTEM. Then do the following procedure (only needed on this server, obviously):
- ./unreal stop
- rm ircd.tune
- ./unreal start

Note that changing the system time can also cause various other programs to misbehave for a while (up to 6 hours in your case). Again, having incorrect time(zone) is bad.. bad bad.
cculha

Post by cculha »

ok . i had given the dedicated root pass.

the machine is linux.

can you give me the commands?
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

Rather than muck around with offsets why not do as aquanight suggested and synch the servers actual clocks .

Its much easier .

Rather than have unreal compensate just make the 2 server clocks correct .

The topic was locked for the stated reasons so why resurrect it again in another which very likely will be locked as well .
Yawn. So there's yet another "if the user clicks the button, they're infected" exploit. Why is this news? We already know users are idiots.
cculha

Post by cculha »

hey ! don't give me idea! if you know something. tell me what will i do! ok! thank you!
Dukat

Post by Dukat »

Syzop already told you exactly what to do.

We won't explain you how to set the clock on a machine - this is the Unreal IRCd support forum, not a linux one. Google for the answer or get yourself a decent linux book. I really think this is something a linux admin must know - how are you supposed to run advanced daemons like Unreal if you don't even know the basics?

I'm gonna lock this thread too, because we really don't need to go through all this again.
If you don't make mistakes, you aren't really trying.
- Coleman Hawkins