remove throttle

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
cculha

remove throttle

Post by cculha »

if an ip has throttled. how can i remove the throttle manually. what is the command? thank you. in bahamut /rehash throttles . i don't know in unreal.

and 2 : if someone throttled how many seconds later this ip can enter the server.. mirc says 60 seconds but 60 sec later is hasn't removed yet.. i want to set this time to 60 seconds.
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

Click for your answer and Im not going to say it .
Yawn. So there's yet another "if the user clicks the button, they're infected" exploit. Why is this news? We already know users are idiots.
w00t

Post by w00t »

Be a bit more helpful there sol ;)

Setting the time manually is probably a configurable thing, I'm at school between exams - so I don't have time to look it up.

I don't believe a throttle can be removed manually, as far as I know you're just going to have to wait for the ircd to automagically remove the ban.
-ChatSpike IRC Network [http://www.chatspike.net]
-Denora Stats [http://denora.nomadirc.net]
-Omerta [http://www.barafranca.com]
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

I was being helpful that link gets him to the docs that tell him how to set his throttle block and understand it and what it does. He needs to read the docs and understand not have us spoon feed the answers to him . If we keep giving him all the answers then he learns nothing .

As for the 2nd bit I agree with you w00t I dont think there is a manual remove . Once its set its set .
Yawn. So there's yet another "if the user clicks the button, they're infected" exploit. Why is this news? We already know users are idiots.
cculha

Post by cculha »

Solutech

you are so helpful thank you. But you are not clever? If you want go and read the unreal32docs.html. There is nothing written about my question! PLEASE DON'T ANSWER ME IF YOU KNOW NOTHING!
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

Like they have said, there is no way to manually remove a throttle. If you are having problems with connection throttling, either disable it, or adjust your settings.
PLEASE DON'T ANSWER ME IF YOU KNOW NOTHING!
About that... Firstly, we are all telling you what I just said. Second, they are trying to help. Third, be nice to those who give you support, if you choose to yell at us, call us names, use foul language, or just be not nice in general, we will lock the thread, and your question will never get answered.

With that said, I am moving this to the Modules forum. There is a chance someone might be nice enough to make a module to do this.
cculha

Post by cculha »

ok my friend thank you. but plase don't say me to read the docs... if you know about the throttle bans time how to set.. please help me.. i want the throttle bans for 60sec.

set::anti-flood::unknown-flood-bantime <timevalue>;

is it that or another thing?
Dukat

Post by Dukat »

No, that affects unknown connections.

Throttling is only controlled in the set::throttle block (doh!).
If you don't make mistakes, you aren't really trying.
- Coleman Hawkins
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

cculha wrote:Solutech

you are so helpful thank you. But you are not clever? If you want go and read the unreal32docs.html. There is nothing written about my question! PLEASE DON'T ANSWER ME IF YOU KNOW NOTHING!
well I seem to know more than you :wink: as that link would of led you to ,

set::throttle::period <timevalue>
How long a user must wait before reconnecting more than set::throttle::connections times.

set::throttle::connections <amount>;
How many times a user must connect with the same host to be throttled.

So I was trying to help , You need to read and check before posting things that are in the supplied documentation .

Hopefully someone may code you a module for the rest of what you need .
cculha

Post by cculha »

thank you but there is nothing :)
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

sigh those comments I posted from the docs show you how to set your throttles . So if you want to set it for 60 secs thats where you put it .

set a connection time of 60 secs and then set how many times a host must be connected to get throttled .

so .

Code: Select all

throttle {
		connections 3;
		period 60s;
	};
That will set unreal to throttle any user connecting more than 3 times for 60secs .

Thats the default setting for it so unless you changed it or commented it out in your unrealircd.conf then you need to change nothing .

As for removing a throttle manually you cant as it stands ,

If for example its you that wants not to be throttled consider setting an exception for your ip in the throttle exception block in your .conf

Code: Select all

except throttle {
	mask <ipmask>;
};
So unless someone can code up a module your stuck with what you have .