mIRC Services

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

[TheOne]

mIRC Services

Post by [TheOne] »

I want to code my own IRC Services under mIRC, but there are some problems: How do I make a Uline in mIRC?

I have tried but can't seem to get it to work. Also I figured that its no use making it oper as it can't set user mode +r and will lose it's S when trying to set modes on itself, most of this stuff needs Ulines to perform.

I know sockets can come in handy. If its possible to provide some links to existing IRC Services under mIRC or provide a simple Uline code or something.

sChutt

Post by sChutt »

As explained here, it isn't a good idea to start with.

- sChutt
[TheOne]

Post by [TheOne] »

Okay, how do you make your own IRC Services?
It wouldn't mine me to make the IRC Services under mIRC as its a network around 10 users and I really want my own IRC Services.
Dukat

Post by Dukat »

Why would you want to do that? Just take an existing services package :wink:
If you don't make mistakes, you aren't really trying.
- Coleman Hawkins
[TheOne]

Post by [TheOne] »

Well I tried Anope which I think is the best Service package but the only problem is the modules on the website, I tried compiling them into .dll and got errors and so forth and seeked numberous help and have all the requirements, anyway...

I want to start to make my own services so got any idea where to look or what to get?
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

try ircservices the windows port is here . Compiling is tricky to do on windows the first time you try it , took me a few weeks before I got it right .

For a 10 user net Im not sure you would need much more than the basic ircservices setup .
Yawn. So there's yet another "if the user clicks the button, they're infected" exploit. Why is this news? We already know users are idiots.