unrealIRCd's Spamfilter scope

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
JIVXor

unrealIRCd's Spamfilter scope

Post by JIVXor »

Code: Select all

u kill 0 212 86400 bla blareason. hall.ssp.sld.cu .*!.*@.*:[a-z]{6}$
With this, I give by restricted the access to all realname's matching [a-z]{6} but, realname Mesias have 6 chars && I dont wanna kill it.
So, as far as I know in unrealIRCd doesn't exist a Spamfilter Exception so, I decided to put a configuration block for string Mesias upon the other ([a-z]{6}) with others rules. Nothing, it keeps killing users cause Mesias match [a-z]{6}. How I can create an exception for this? UnrealIRCd scope does not work linearly?
Here is the code in the linear order, as same it is in the configuration :

spamfilter {
        regex .*!.*@.*:.*Mesias*;
        target user;
        action tempshun; 
        reason "bla blareason.";
            };

spamfilter {
        regex .*!.*@.*:[a-z]{6}$;
        target user;
        action kill;
        reason "bla bla reason";
            }; 

&&

[22:10]  server ! [Spamfilter] [email protected] matches filter '.*!.*@.*:[a-z]{6}$': [user: '[email protected]:Mesias'] [bla blareason.]

Any idea?
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

Try

ban realname {
  mask "??????";
  reason "Bad real name";
};

except ban {
  mask *@huracan.red.sld.cu";
};
I am not sure if except ban will make that user able to connect, I guess we will find out :)
JIVXor

Post by JIVXor »

So many thanks Stealth.

I don't understand it absolutely. If I restrict access to realname's stringlength = 6 with this ban :

ban realname 
{  
   mask "??????"; 
   reason "Bad real name"; 
 };
why to except ALL hosts from huracan.red.sld.cu ? Remember If I do that ALL users can connect without being banned, remember this host --> huracan.red.sld.cu is the unique host with the users connect themselves. In my network another one IP cannot enter. There is no an except ban:realname? some kind of regex in except ban? 'give me if I write things without sense.

Thanks
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

The six ?'s in the ban realname say to ban anything that is exactly 6 characters. There is no except ban for real name, so you would need to make an except ban for the people allowed to have that real name.
JIVXor

Post by JIVXor »

Yes, I think that is the only way, although I'm running a risk, if other users discover the exception's mask and abuse it, I'll be lost.
Thanks