Quick help plz

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

There doesnt appear to be one so you have fallen foul in the section above line 10 or the section below .

It is likely a : instead of a ; or a missing section close/open brace.

Check your .conf now from the top and make sure you have no typos or missing braces .

Sometimes unreal will muddle through a few lines before it gives up . So when you get given a line number error its best to check above and below as well .

Missing one ; is enough to generate several errors .

All part of the fun of the .conf file . The more you work with it the easier it becomes until its second nature .

Keep at it and it will come good :D
Yawn. So there's yet another "if the user clicks the button, they're infected" exploit. Why is this news? We already know users are idiots.
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

Has anyone even bothered to ask if he is editing the correct file?
Bricker

Post by Bricker »

Solutech I won't ease up on the guy and it is every useful information.

see this would be line number 1
and line number 2
and line number 3

How hard is that to figure out? and i also said unrealircd.conf about 400 fucking times. and he's trying to use irc.****.com wtf? people need to quit going straight for support when they can't figure something out, read the docs and read over your config. ONCE your out of options, then come for support
-Bricker-
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

*sighs* It was more the block caps rtfm

. And read the posts irc.***.com is him removing the server name for "security" although he didnt tell us this at the time.

as for the rest try stating the obvious everyone can count , what he wanted to know was where to start counting from .

As for your ideal world where everyone reads the docs and exhausts google and divine intervention before posting . Sounds nice can I leave the real world and come live there ? .

Anyway this is wandering off topic now back to the question .

Any closer to figuring this out ?.
Yawn. So there's yet another "if the user clicks the button, they're infected" exploit. Why is this news? We already know users are idiots.
Bricker

Post by Bricker »

You think its me not living in the real world expecting people to read the docs? ha thats funny, you're probably right if you think it will never happen because we live in a world of lazy fucks, but hell i can still hope that one day it'll become that way. and if he doesn't know where to start then he's a fucktard anyway. how do you not know where to start? shit USE AN EDITOR THAT SHOWS THE LINES or will GOTO the line you specify! it's not that difficult. This entire topic is gone on too long. If he asked another question that he can get the answer from the docs I'm going to lock it. if he asks a truey difficult question that isn't clearly stated then myself or someone else will help.
-Bricker-
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

by your reckoning this is line 10 in my config file dude

Code: Select all

* Anyway it is time to go over this.  It's hard to pick up at first, but
hence he asks where to start .

Drop the swearing it isnt big and it sure aint clever .

Not everyone can pick up a .conf at first look and get it right even with the docs .

Anyways Im not going to argue this anymore with you . If you cant be helpful then dont post .
Bricker

Post by Bricker »

haha you're telling me not to post? and who cares if you have *blah blah blah that doesn't matter. its still line # 10 except your config wouldn't read that if it were truely commented out. further more I'll say what i'd like, if someone has a problem then tell syzop ;) also i've seen plenty of people make a perfect config from there first look at the docs.
-Bricker-
Jason

Post by Jason »

Bricker is right, it could be (and quite probably is) slightly before or after, due to a missing ; somewhere.

And Bricker: You may use me as a specific example. I have created both perfect example.conf and blank file based configs on my first try on many occasions.
Why the hell can't my signature be empty?
"Your message contains too few characters."
VampirE

Post by VampirE »

Huh,huh,tnx for help :)

Guys make backup :):):):)