Problem with BOPM

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Fussi

Problem with BOPM

Post by Fussi »

Hi

i know, this i UnrealIRCd support not BOPM, but there are several other threads about BOPM so dont slap me for this -.-

I tried to install BOPM, but even after 30 minutes uptime and a dozen connects it still says 0 connects.

Well, there's a "fix" mentioned on their webpage, where Unreal 3.1.x and greater has a "bug" where the IP isnt send to BOPM correctly.
The "fix" tells me to search for

Code: Select all

ircsprintf(connecth,
 	    "*** Notice -- Client connecting: %s (%s@%s) [%s] {%d}", nick,
 	    user->username, user->realhost, sptr->sockhost,
 	    get_client_class(sptr));
in the src/send.c. But, well, there isnt such a line o-O
I really have no idea atm what to do, can anyone help me with this?
Thanks!
Jason

Post by Jason »

Make sure the line about PROTOCTL HCN in your bopm.conf is uncommented.
Why the hell can't my signature be empty?
"Your message contains too few characters."
Fussi

Post by Fussi »

it is uncommented. I also changed the regex from

connregex = "\\*\\*\\* Notice -- Client connecting: ([^ ]+) \\(([^@]+)@([^\\)]+)\\) \\[([0-9\\.]+)\\].*";
to

connregex = "\\*\\*\\* Notice -- Client connecting.*: ([^ ]+) \\(([^@]+)@([^\\)]+)\\) \\[([0-9\\.]+)\\].*";
since the connect message in unreal is kinda different
(... Notice -- Client connecting on Port ...)

but still, no result :(
Dunno what i did wrong or why it isnt working
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

From BOPM example:
/* Hybrid / Bahamut / Unreal (in HCN mode) */

connregex = "\\*\\*\\* Notice -- Client connecting: ([^ ]+) \\(([^@]+)@([^\\)]+)\\) \\[([0-9\\.]+)\\].*";
From the BOPM FAQ:
UnrealIRCD
UnrealIRCD works with BOPM since at least v3.1.2. All versions of Unreal need the following to be uncommented in bopm.conf:

perform = "PROTOCTL HCN";
in the IRC {} section. Once this is done, a connregex as for Bahamut/Hybrid will work for Unreal too, for scanning users connecting to the local server.

<AT>avalon<DOT>zirc<DOT>org prince (mailto:prince) also tells us the following:

Unreal 3.1.3 seems to require opers to be global if they are to see connection notices.
Later versions of Unreal require different user modes to be set on BOPM for it to see connection notices. You will need to use

mode = "+sc";
in your bopm.conf.
We would appreciate clarification of these points, and if they are still valid with current versions of Unreal.

[edit]Using Unreal for proxy scanning a whole network
Since UnrealIRCD 3.2.1, an option has been added to see "far connect notices" in hybrid-compatible notice format (HCN). This allows an oper on one server to see connects to all servers, and consequently will allow a BOPM to protect the whole network.

This does require a modified connregex:

connregex = "\\*\\*\\* Notice -- Client connecting.*: ([^ ]+) \\(([^@]+)@([^\\)]+)\\) \\[([0-9\\.]+)\\].*";
Also restart the bopm to make absolutely sure it is running the current configuration.
nate

Post by nate »

As much as I hate to hijack a thread of sorts, I figure its best to keep this type of topic to a single one in general.

Not sure if mine is similar to the dude who started this topic, seems like it a bit, however I get the BOPM thing to connect just fine and all, but it doesn't seem to actually monitor properly (It does OPER just fine and all too), I had someone test on it and such, and it doesn't seem to do the port scans at all.

Is this something that should trigger immediately on connect isn't it? Or something that only goes every so often?

Log shows everything to be fine, connected and running with no problem, just not apparently scoping the ports.
Fussi

Post by Fussi »

HCN was enabled from beginning, (Yes i read the manuals before i ask for help...) and i cant count how often i restarted BOPM. he opers up as he should, absolutely NO errors.
Runs just fine. He just does... nothing. :?

I wonder about this:

[21:42] -irc.XXX.de- *** Notice -- Client connecting on port 6667: BOPM ([email protected]) [bots]
Isnt it meant to get a IP address instead of the hostname?
I read somewhere that Unreal needs a change in send.c to get this working, not sure

Edit: Forget about this codesniped, it isnt in "HCN" mode. Will try to get a debug output
Fussi

Post by Fussi »

./bopm -dddd ftw! :D

Ok i got it.
For all with similiar problems,
check your "mode" setting.
I used "mode = "+Hp-sx"" and the notice mask "c" in the oper block.
Now i'm using
"mode = "+Hpsc"" and it works.

Maybe i did something wrong, no idea. Whatever, works! :D
tdw

Post by tdw »

+s is for the snomask, if you don't have it it can't read the messages >_<
Stealth wrote:
Unreal 3.1.3 seems to require opers to be global if they are to see connection notices.
Later versions of Unreal require different user modes to be set on BOPM for it to see connection notices. You will need to use

mode = "+sc";
in your bopm.conf.