OpenBSD and GCC 2.95.3

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
node357

OpenBSD and GCC 2.95.3

Post by node357 »

I've tried various approaches on this OpenBSD 3.5 system to build Unreal3.2 release and nothing has worked. Disabled all the extras like SSL and zipped links and still no go:

auth.c:478: `RIPEMD160_DIGEST_LENGTH' undeclared (first use in this function)
auth.c:478: warning: passing arg 1 of `b64_encode' makes pointer from integer without a cast
*** Error code 1

Stop in /home/ircd/Unreal3.2/src (line 109 of Makefile).
*** Error code 1

... I'm not a programmer, so I really don't know what I might be missing. Is my compiler too old or am I missing libraries or something? Any help would be appreciated. I really want to use Unreal for my server!
codemastr
Former UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by codemastr »

OpenBSD includes a broken version of OpenSSL. Either don't compile Unreal with SSL support, or download the latest OpenSSL from http://www.openssl.org.

Note, Unreal is NOT compatible with versions of OpenBSD < 3.5, people have claimed it works in 3.5, but we've never tested ourselves.
-- codemastr
node357

Post by node357 »

Okay, that's great! At least now I know there's a precedence for running Unreal on OpenBSD! Now to figure out how they did it :)
sentinel256

Post by sentinel256 »

Disabled all the extras like SSL and zipped links and still no go
on obsd 3.2, 3.4 and 3.5 compiling definitly works if ssl is disabled.
using ssl fails

on a base 3.5 install it didn't work, but i'll try maybe some day it works ;)

[edit]
k it compiles with a custom openssl0.9.7d installation(i tested on a configuration with no-asm, and install as non overwrite_base so other installs will still depend on the 0.9.7c-patched of the 3.5 std install), dont forget to use /usr/local/ssl as ssl path in 'Config' (when doing it the same way).
node357

Post by node357 »

Success! We now have a functioning IRC server, using self-installed OpenSSL as well as the curl libraries (thanks to the instructions in INSTALL.REMOTEINC). Thanks so much for the help!