[REQUEST] Hide channel user status

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
SpaceDoG

[REQUEST] Hide channel user status

Post by SpaceDoG »

What I'm looking for is already a channel mode on other IRCd's and I wouldn't mind seeing it on Unreal. The basic concept channel mode is basically to limit those without power of not seeing those in power. IE a normal user can't see who is +vhoaq but a +v can see who is +v and a +o can see +vho but not +a or +q. I know it sounds kind of retarded but sometimes it has it's uses and my users have requested so I just thought I would see if someone is up to the task of writing such a module.
White_Magic

Post by White_Magic »

hm, isnt that a false sense of security?
i spend 4 hrs a day gaming and 14hrs on irc, for 5days a week, im not an addict :D
SpaceDoG

Post by SpaceDoG »

whatcha mean?
White_Magic

Post by White_Magic »

well, think about the amount of ways someone can discover who has vhoaq in the room?

/who /whois /names
any /mode change affecting a user
/mode #channel a
/mode #channel q

and possibly more.. i wouldnt want to join a channel to find people kicking or banning without ops or talking with +m on, pretty unfair and misleading?

also, when they implented namesx the point was to stop desyncs and to make it so u can see WHO has which modes in the room :)
i spend 4 hrs a day gaming and 14hrs on irc, for 5days a week, im not an addict :D
SpaceDoG

Post by SpaceDoG »

Well the actual module will make it so that users that aren't at the appropriate level to see the change would see it as * irc.server.addr sets mode +whatever on #channel. They wouldn't actually see who did it and the /who stuff would hide who is/isn't an op in the room.
White_Magic

Post by White_Magic »

um, thats a big patch ur going to need to do that and it wont be done for free neither to be honest.

ud need to edit the /names /whois /who and the 2 mode commands thats alot of work - alot of bugs possible, i wish ya luck with getting someone to make it thou :)
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

It is possible to do that mod.
I seen this in hybrid ircds.
Mouse :D