Hostmask: user.mynetwork.com

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
lagge

Hostmask: user.mynetwork.com

Post by lagge »

Is it possible to get a hostmask like nick.mynetwork.com when users change the usermode to +x? And identify with nickserv? I think I used a module for it before, cant remember what version of unrealircd.

Thanks for the reply.
SpaceDoG

Post by SpaceDoG »

If you are doing it for security (IE you don't want users able to get each others IPs) you don't need to. Unreal already has that enabled by default when a user connects. Only opers can see real IPs. I'm not sure but I'm going to take a wild guess that the answer you are looking for is available from the services that you are using. If using Anope you probably want something like http://www.anope.org/modules/hs_autohost.c.
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

That module has already been suggested but the problem is it doesnt make the change when you change to user mode +x. Now i think about it the user mode change should be propogated to Anope so there should be a way to change the module to wait for user mode +x but after the user has identified.
lagge

Post by lagge »

Yes, I have tried that module for anope, but that change the hostmask direcly
when the user identify. Yes I know that you can make the users so they can not see eathothers host, but I dont what it to be network.blablabla.IP.com
just simple user.mynetwork.com wuth nickserv. that they have on Quakenet if you know. (=