Disable Notice Message

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Alex

Disable Notice Message

Post by Alex »

Is it in one way or another possible to disable the following message on Unreal: :?:

Code: Select all

-irc.my.net- *** Notice -- Client connecting on port 6667: Nick ([email protected]) [clients] 
It is (in my opinion) really annoying when that pop up when guests are joining the network. I just mean, if I need to know someones IP/Host for some reason, it is just to do a /whois.

And another question (I can't login to the request/bug section) is if there would be possible for the developers to change Services Administrator (a) to Technical Administrator (T).
frozen

Post by frozen »

Know whats even more annoying? When people ask questions that are answered in the documents!

http://www.vulnscan.org/UnrealIRCd/unre ... e_snomasks

Take the c flag out of the snomasks in your oper block... read the rest of the document while your at it.
Ron2K

Re: Disable Notice Message

Post by Ron2K »

Alex wrote:And another question (I can't login to the request/bug section) is if there would be possible for the developers to change Services Administrator (a) to Technical Administrator (T).
I recall reading somewhere that Technical Administrator was removed between 3.1 and 3.2, but I'm not sure (since I only started getting involved with Unreal from 3.2-RC1 onwards). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

IIRC, Tech Admin was removed before (or around) 3.2-beta14. That was about when I started using Unreal, and I don't remember it
White_Magic

Post by White_Magic »

Tech Admin was removed becuz it did nothing except give you +T
it was removed from the core codes in Version Unreal3.1.4-Meadows

wow, ive been with unreal for a long time :\
i spend 4 hrs a day gaming and 14hrs on irc, for 5days a week, im not an addict :D
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

White_Magic wrote:Tech Admin was removed becuz it did nothing except give you +T
it was removed from the core codes in Version Unreal3.1.4-Meadows

wow, ive been with unreal for a long time :\
That just means you're experianced.

Anyway i wouldnt mind seeing a Tech Admin status come back maybe with a few extra features that only a Tech Admin or higher can use.
White_Magic

Post by White_Magic »

i cant see it coming back. luke clearly stated in the "changes.txt" that it would be gone for good.
i'd imagine the present coders would need permission from luke before being able to readd it.

just a side question thou, why change +a to be +T???
also +T is now in use, there are not going change the present +T just to make +a be the new +T

jobe, +T never had any usful features to begin with, so what is different now that would make it worth coming back?
i spend 4 hrs a day gaming and 14hrs on irc, for 5days a week, im not an addict :D