Anope service error thread

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

darkfusion

Anope service error thread

Post by darkfusion »

Hey guys I just got done installing unrealircd software last night on my linux server, which btw was very easy compaired to others that I have tried . Good work guys . Now to the problem Once I got unrealircd installed I wanted to get anope goin . I downloaded,compiled and started to get edit the all favorite config file . But I'm still having problems getting it to connect . Here are a few snapshots of the error I get and my two config files .

The error I get thu my server tab in irc

Code: Select all

14:44 !P1mp.blah.blah *** Notice -- Link [@127.0.0.1.49344] cancelled, server p1mp.blah.blah already exists from P1mp.blah.blah
Unrealircd.conf

link            p1mp.blah.blah
{
	username	*;
	hostname 	127.0.0.1;
	bind-ip 	*;
	port 		7000;
	hub             *;
	password-connect "mypass";
	password-receive "mypass";
	class           servers;
		options {
			/* Note: You should not use autoconnect when linking services */
			autoconnect;

};
Anope config file

RemoteServer    127.0.0.1 7000 "mypass"
ServerName  "p1mp.blah.blah"
ServiceUser "user@host"
Thanks guys for the help .
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

Simple question, did you actually read:
Also your services ServerName parameter must NOT be the same as the name parameter in the me block in your unrealircd.conf file.
White_Magic

Post by White_Magic »

Jobe1986 wrote:Simple question, did you actually read:
Also your services ServerName parameter must NOT be the same as the name parameter in the me block in your unrealircd.conf file.
yes, well it shouldnt be the name of ANY other server connected already for that matter.
i spend 4 hrs a day gaming and 14hrs on irc, for 5days a week, im not an addict :D