Connection refused??

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
dan_seguin90

Connection refused??

Post by dan_seguin90 »

i have setup an unrealircd server and i am trying to connect via entering teh ip address of my second computer as the server/the port in xchat

so i started with port 6667 turned all the firewalls and such off and it said connection refused.

i continued altering the the port and .conf file of my ircd

i keep on getting:
* Looking up 192.139.198.24
* Connecting to 192.139.198.24 (192.139.198.24) port 6667...
* Connection failed. Error: Connection refused

iove tried various ones such as 7029 and 6697 and 6670. is tehre a special way to chaneg which port?? or may it be my larger network blocking teh connection from otehr computers (im at my workplace)

can someone help me with this??
Grunt

Post by Grunt »

teh workspace may be teh blockage, but iunoo if it's teh real prob

u gotz mor firewallz???!!!???111 u say u turned them ALL off rofl lolz0rz@u

did you rehash teh serverz!!!111oneoneone

i thinks its cuz u didnt setup teh listen block correct or maybe u did smth in teh conf taht maeks unreal die wehn tryin to start; check ircd.log k? lol

It is the off-topic sectrion, isn't it?
Computers are machines that cause trouble you wouldn't normally have if you wouldn't have a computer.
Spectre

Post by Spectre »

We need a little bit of information, like what version of unreal you are using, is it linux or windows version and anything else you can provide use so we may help.
dan_seguin90

Post by dan_seguin90 »

it is fedora core 5 with a unrealircd 3.2.5

i belive i may have setup the listen block wrong but i dont know what is right... for example if i wish to change the port where do i do this .. then i believ it is my workplace and i could ge tthem to unblock this port and it shoudl work.

also im on a network here and two of my computers have the smae ip addres how do i know which one to use... btw i used whatismyip.com to find my ip.

dan
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

If whatismyip.com is giving the same IP for 2 of your computers, chances are youre behind a firewall/router.
dan_seguin90

Post by dan_seguin90 »

very true i am.... but does that cause a problem??
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

The only problem that causes is for users outside of you LAN to be able to connect to your IRCd requires 1 or more ports to be forwarded from the router to the computer hosting the IRCd.

If you cant connect to that computer from within the LAN that wont help much.
dan_seguin90

Post by dan_seguin90 »

so this dual port thing how do i set this up? cuz i can get two ports that are open and get them unblocked.