Req: chan mode add of +E

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
_D3m0n_

Req: chan mode add of +E

Post by _D3m0n_ »

ok what i am looking for is basically a module which shows a similar mode of +o (op in a channel) but is actually a mode +E (elder of the room) which has the symbol ^ by thier name in the nick list If anyone could help me out on this id greatly appreciate it.
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

This cannot be done in a module.

One would have to modify the ircd for that (not very simple either).
_D3m0n_

:{

Post by _D3m0n_ »

hrmmm i was begining to think that when i was going thru the chan.c file i was hoping to find an easier way of doing this than adding it into the main system so that when i upgrade it wont be lost in upgrades, thanx for the quick reply syzop. (Sorry replied thinking wrong person)
_D3m0n_

Post by _D3m0n_ »

ok can it be done so that it gives the ^ symbol but is like an added +E that has absolutly no abilities? kinda like its just a non active mode that only give that to thier nick?
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

Still a similar story ;)

Of course, anything can be done... :P

Anyway, as you might know though, we do not allow to discuss source mods on these forums.
_D3m0n_

Post by _D3m0n_ »

i am sorry syzop didnt mean to break the rules again thank you very much for the reply, is there any thoughts into making the next generation of Unreal alil easier to do something like what im asking? or is this something to discuss elsewhere.
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

Not sure...

If it would be implemented, it would be in 3.3, which is more than 1 year from now.

But I don't know if that will be done... :p
_D3m0n_

Post by _D3m0n_ »

Again thanx for your reply, i will look forward to the next generation of Unreal.
SpaceDoG

Post by SpaceDoG »

If you're looking for something above +o (@ - op) why not just use +a (& - admin) and +q (~ - owner)?