TS Bounce

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Koach

TS Bounce

Post by Koach »

Hi all,

I am not sure if this is an Unreal question or Anope, so I hope I am posting in the right place.

I noticed this message today, which I had never seen before. It happened one time only. Can anyone explain what it means?

[18:40] -irc1.koach.com- *** TS bounce for #chatroom - 1177202411(ours) 1177202412(theirs)
[18:40] -irc1.koach.com- *** Global -- from services.koach.com: Warning: unable to set modes on channel #chatroom. Are your servers' U:lines configured correctly?

Thanks
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

[18:40] -irc1.koach.com- *** Global -- from services.koach.com: Warning: unable to set modes on channel #chatroom. Are your servers' U:lines configured correctly?
Says it all really. Make sure your services server is properly ulined using ulines blocks in unrealircd.conf on ALL IRCd's on your network. Also note that ulines are case sensitive and for them to take effect after being updated requires the server they mark as ulined to reconnect.
Koach

Post by Koach »

Thanks for your reply.

Do you know what this means:

TS bounce for #chatroom

The odd thing about this incident is that it has never happened before (been running for 6 months), it only happened this one time, and it has not happened again.

Koach
Jason

Post by Jason »

I think it was a clock syncing issue. Temporary, and rare, as your services probably autosync your ircds' internal clocks. (Many do) It is odd for a services package to give a higher TS for a channel. Typically they will give a lower one, to clear it and set everything their way with a SJOIN. As this is one higher, I assume that this is the issue.
Why the hell can't my signature be empty?
"Your message contains too few characters."
Koach

Post by Koach »

Thanks Jason,

I suspected it was something like that, but it was a message I had never seen.

Koach