Log Channel Activity

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
AndAy224

Log Channel Activity

Post by AndAy224 »

Hey Guys,

Wondering if you could help me out, I want a log output with date in the file name of all channel activity of all channels on the server. I know you can have channel activity ported to a different channel, but I want the server to just log it to a txt file on itself. Possible?

Thanks,

Andy
BigSmoke

Re: Log Channel Activity

Post by BigSmoke »

What do you mean with channel activity? If you want to spy on your users.. this is unethical and not supported.
http://www.fazconi.com
irc://irc.fazconi.com
Email: [email protected]
AndAy224

Post by AndAy224 »

What's the difference of me logging it through mIRC while I'm sitting there, and having the server log it?
My network only has one channel, we need logs to make it easier to settle arguments.
Casper

Post by Casper »

I'd be a supporter of this module, just because of the fact you need chatting logs in The Netherlands. Only then you can get a "Chatbox safety sign". One of the things you need then is to be able to present logs to look back what happened.

I'd be great if it had /logchan #channel and log it in #channel-12-june-2008, #channel-13-june-2008 etc.
Ex Network-Administrator
SpaceDoG

Post by SpaceDoG »

Just install an eggdrop and let it run. It'll log everything in the channels that's in if you tell it to.
Casper

Post by Casper »

That seems to be some kind of the problem. All eggdrops come with other functions etc, I just want one to connect, idle and log. I want it to create logs per day and put them online for all the admins around (.htaccess). However, I still failed to find such robot. The one I found failed compiling with several errors..

-- Casper.
Ex Network-Administrator
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

With a little time spent configuring, an eggdrop can do exactly this with no extra channel functions running.
SpaceDoG

Post by SpaceDoG »

Casper wrote:That seems to be some kind of the problem. All eggdrops come with other functions etc, I just want one to connect, idle and log. I want it to create logs per day and put them online for all the admins around (.htaccess). However, I still failed to find such robot. The one I found failed compiling with several errors..

-- Casper.
Casper,

Just get a default eggdrop from eggheads