Help needed in modifying unrealircd

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
kotsos

Help needed in modifying unrealircd

Post by kotsos »

Hello guys, im new here and i really liked this forum. I have a little problem, im kinda working on a project and want to create my own client with a "little bit" moded ircd.

I am with other 10 guys who want to use this ircd and we want to mod it so that anyone else could login our server and do things which we dont want them to do. Like listing the channels, making whois, /lusers and /join etc. Those functions should be done only by opers.

Ok so, where shoud i search in the ircd files to change those privileges? I want ONLY opers to execute the most basic commands in irc like "/join", "/whois", "/lusers", "/list".

Could anyone help me? I would really apreciate if anyone of you would bother in posting a helpful reply.

Thanks in advance.
[dx]

Re: Help needed in modifying unrealircd

Post by [dx] »

Then, what is point of IRCd..

You can't prevent creation chans (/join) by adding deny channel block, and other commands can't be done without module, or editing source code, which is not supported.

So try make your own module, if ya know, or forget about changes or src :)
Stealth
Head of Support

Re: Help needed in modifying unrealircd

Post by Stealth »

Firstly, I'd like to point out that we have a fun rule about not helping people modify Unreal. We figure if they want to modify Unreal, they can do it themselves or find another IRCd.

Now, about how you want it modified is very suspicious. As [dx] pointed out, if you did that then there's no point in running or having an IRCd. If you don't want users to connect to your server, there's plenty of (documented) ways to just keep them off your server.

This thread is locked. If you have a really good reason for wanting this done, feel free to start a new one.