Help

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
kogot

Help

Post by kogot »

i need help with the clients... in the unrealircd.conf wrote max clients 90000..
but in the ircd server when there is 1018 connections it's says that the server is full...
please help me . 10x all
zEkE

Re: Help

Post by zEkE »

The limitation here is most likely your number of file descriptors available. Note this was defined at compile time, most likely as 1024. These are used for both clients and other servers linked, and also possibly reading files (uncertain on that one..).

To increase this you will need to raise the number of descriptors available - if you have a shell account, you'll need to ask your provider what the max number is. If you have your own VPS/Dedicated Server, you'll need to see the documentation for your OS as to how you can A) find out what it is set at, and B) how you can go about changing it. You'll also be needing to check what (if any) implications will need to be considered with regard to changing the number of available file descriptors.
NetAdmin - irc.unitedchristianchat.net
http://www2.i-al.net/ircbots/
kogot

Post by kogot »

i understand , i have my own dedicated server but i dont no how the change it.
[dx]

Post by [dx] »

kogot

Post by kogot »

10x alot but still doesnt work.. i also dont have the file: file-max.. another way?? explain better.. ?