channel modes +Z and +P

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
robc62

channel modes +Z and +P

Post by robc62 »

Hi All,
Have noticed on a couple of servers #channel modes +Z and +P listed (uppercase Z and P) - I assume these are added via 3rd party modules etc. of some sort and was wondering if anyone knew the availability/purpose of said modes and if the modules are for ircd or services? The relevant network owners are unwilling to divulge any info on the modes.
TIA
All the best,
Rob.
zEkE

Re: channel modes +Z and +P

Post by zEkE »

I've spent a small amount of time searching both google and a couple of module repositories as best I can, and can't find any reference to the channel modes mentioned. You could try /module to see which modules are loaded (this will give you a starting point), you can also look at the server flags (See /version) to see if there is a module hooking channel messages for any purpose.
NetAdmin - irc.unitedchristianchat.net
http://www2.i-al.net/ircbots/
robc62

Post by robc62 »

Hi zEKe,
Thaks for the reply.
I have found the +P mode - its set by m_agelimit (channel mode +P (age/gender restrictions)) [3RD]. Possibly of use to me.

Also discovered said server is running 'chanlog (Channel Logging) [3RD]' , and privlog (Logger - by Syzop) [3RD] (nasty nasty !!!) so I imagine one of those is to blame for the +Z and as so, I wont bother looking further as I certainly am not interested in modules of that type.

All the best,
Rob.
[dx]

Post by [dx] »

I'm using mod for unreal which provides flag +Z and has option to prevent repeating on channel.
If anyone is interested in this mod, I could attach it :-)
malphas

Post by malphas »

I do believe +z has something to do with the way users are voiced in a channel this is what it was used for on the server i used to be admin on some rooms give ppl +v others didnt it was a module that recognised reged users from guestusers that hadnt registered with the main web site Cough UKCB