Looking for a Service/Moduel

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
SoulReaper

Looking for a Service/Moduel

Post by SoulReaper »

Hi all, Even though I'm a new member I'm the owner of a IRC network, and there are 2 things that I been trying to find.

Option A. (Problem 1)

I'm trying to find a service that only reports Join/Parts in channels. Nothing else, I could care less if they planned to overthrow my network there. All I want is a Join/Part feature.

Now I was looking at a post called */Watch #channel* and they were talking about a module called *joinpartsno.c* I have Google'd it and still couldn't find it. Much less the other problem to that is I'm using a Windows server...(That may pose a huge problem)

Option B (Problem 2)

I was wondering is it possible to make/ already have a Service that can somewhat *Lock* people to a channel untill there released.

meaning:

lets say you do */msg SERVICE Lock add/del Name List & Clear list*

The lock add would Force them out all channels and at the same time force them into 1 channel. While there under lock mode they cannot join any other channel untill there name is removed from the list. And if they do join a channel The Server can either Kick/ban them out or do a /sapart with a ban. Whatever works just something to stop them from joining channels.

The del command would remove them from the list so they are free to join channels (I would love a msg to be sent to the user that has been locked like *You have now been released, You are free to join channels again* and once there lock is removed if they have any bans set by the lock they will be auto-removed

The List command would just show whos on the list. And the *Clear List* would wipe the List clean.

and */msg SERVICE SetLockChannel #channel* Would be the set channel to lock the user to.

If I can at least get *Option A* Working, Then I try and build my own mIRC script from the reports to keep the designated user in the channel. But I would really love to see OptionB in action as well Because I do think most IRC server's can benefit from it.
Stealth
Head of Support

Re: Looking for a Service/Moduel

Post by Stealth »

1) I don't know where you can get joinpartsno, because the author of that module disappeared and his website where the module was hosted disappeared with him. Maybe someone will come by and make a new one to do that.

2) Get the module m_quarantine. You can download a Windows DLL from my modules site (see my sig)
SoulReaper

Post by SoulReaper »

Well I found a windows download for JoinPartSno.dll But when I load it, I'm told it was made for version 3.2.2 and not made for 3.2.8...

I can't program worth a shitz so...
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

I found the source for the module and it looks like it compiled fine (though very old).

I have uploaded it here: http://www.x-tab.org/modules/joinpartsno.zip