Unreal 3.2.1 and cgi:irc?

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
yutt

Unreal 3.2.1 and cgi:irc?

Post by yutt »

Is it possible to have cgi:irc working with Unreal?

Currently I can connect with a user without a problem, but after about 30 seconds they automatically disconnect with a reason of "EOF". Anyone have any ideas on this?

And before any condescending assholes reply; I have searched for several hours on this, and read any relevant support I could find at both this site and cgi:irc's. I also found Angry Wolf's module, which does not appear to want to compile with the latest release of Unreal.

Please don't reply with anything non-helpful (i.e. "Did you try searching?", or "Why didn't you look at [url=http://randomthread[/url]this[/url] thread, n00b?") If you do, you are a worthless excuse for a human being. Get off the internet, go crawl into some cave where it is 1337 to be an antisocial elitist prick, and die.
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

(without looking at it) AngryWolf's module seems to be the your opportunity to get cgi::irc support. Perhaps you could report the problem to angrywolf and work together to fix it?
cgi::irc support is queued in the bugtracker as a feature request, but that's unlikely to be suddenly integrated tomorrow so probably not so useful for you right now ;).
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

My cgiirc module should compile fine with Unreal3.2.1, or if not, then make sure you are using the latest version of the module, and if it that still doesn't help, you can send me a bug report.
yutt

Post by yutt »

AngryWolf wrote:My cgiirc module should compile fine with Unreal3.2.1, or if not, then make sure you are using the latest version of the module, and if it that still doesn't help, you can send me a bug report.
Alrighty, I tried compiling it using all of your (less-than-comprehensive ;P) steps, but got a bunch of compiling errors. I can try again and post them when I get the chance.

The whole requirement of compiling Unreal first is kind of annoying, but I'm sure there's no easy way around that. I downloaded the module from your site yesterday, so I am assuming that is the latest version?

Thank you both for your responses. :)
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

From your words I suppose you are using Windows. Well, you know, I'm not using Windows, so I'd be happy to see an official (more detailed) information page for compiling modules under Windows. :)

And if the version of the module you downloaded is the same that is on my website, then you do have the latest version.

I think here's the time to make my module work on Windows with IPv6 support, because that's what wasn't tested at all (I couldn't find any testers), and I really want to fix it, so your bug report is very welcomed. By the way, please send it to my bugs reporting site, not here, thanks!
codemastr
Former UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by codemastr »

AngryWolf, compiling on Windows is 99% the same as *nix. Just instead of calling make, you call nmake :)

nmake -f makefile.win32 custommodule MODULEFILE=themod
-- codemastr
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

To codemastr: I used the instructions from the unreal win32 .dll modules thread in my compiling.php, and the only difference between those instructions and what you wrote here is:

Code: Select all

-nmake -f makefile.win32 custommodule MODULEFILE="module" 
+nmake -f makefile.win32 custommodule MODULEFILE=themod
(the quotes).

To yutt: Recently I made a some changes in the module. The latest version is 1.14, please try that, I think it should work now. If not, then simply report the error messages to my bugs reporting site, thanks.
yutt

Post by yutt »

I downloaded the new version of the plugin, and either the changes you made helped, or (more likely) I did something wrong the first few tries. I am running Unreal on a Gentoo/Linux box. Sorry I wasn't explicit about the OS, I forgot that some silly people would actually run a server with Windows. ;P

I'm visiting my parents for the week, so I had to SSH in to my server on a 28000 connection so I didn't leave you hanging. :)

Thanks to both of you for the help, I really appreciate it.

I am still having problems, but they are in a new thread. Any further assistance would be much appreciated.
ShArDiCk

Post by ShArDiCk »

I have CGI:IRC on Unreal 3.2.1 and i havent troubles....