Wircd Not Working :o

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
snoopy

Wircd Not Working :o

Post by snoopy »

:shock:
When I Double Clicked On Wircd.
Nuhthing Happened. :?:
And In My Service Logs It Says:
* Loading IRCd configuration ..
* unrealircd.conf:32: loadmodule À>©: failed to load:
The specified module could not be found.
[error] IRCd configuration failed to load
Snoopster
snoopy

Post by snoopy »

Any Body Here? :cry:
Snoopster
jewles

Post by jewles »

well did you try looking at line 32, and then figuring out whether or not the modules exist in it's path entered?
FBSD-DEV Project
http://www.fbsd-dev.org

YatesDev Hosting
http://www.yatesdev.com

The Wrong Way
http://www.thewrongway.net
snoopy

Post by snoopy »

uuh i dont think so
Snoopster
snoopy

ok

Post by snoopy »

jewles i understand now i del the line
and
thats fix
not is says

* Loading IRCd configuration ..
* unrealircd.conf:33: loadmodule È<©: failed to load: The specified module could not be found.

[error] IRCd configuration failed to load

i went to that line
and that line says :
loadmodule "src/modules/commands.dll";
Snoopster
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

Code: Select all

loadmodule "modules/commands.dll";
Don't get into such a hurry ... These are all just simple oversites on your part ..

If you took 3 seconds and looked you would notice you don't have a src directory.
snoopy

Post by snoopy »

i fix that already thanx any way
it now says on service.log that it loaded configuration without any problems
but when i click wircd nuhthing pops up.
Snoopster
codemastr
Former UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by codemastr »

Snoopy, it seems you have a habit of checking "yes" when you don't even know what the question was. The installer had a checkbox to enable service support, you checked yes. Apparently, you have no idea what a service is. Doing such things is bad. If "service support" meant "delete everything on your harddrive" you'd have a serious problem right now. If you don't know what something is, don't do it!

When Unreal runs in service mode, then of course there is no interface, that's what a service is! It runs in the background. If you want to see the interface then open a command prompt, cd to the Unreal directory and type:
unreal stop
unreal uninstall
wircd

And now you have an interface.
-- codemastr
dink-puller

Post by dink-puller »

Just my 2 cents as a a non-coding Unreal +Windows user, after having finally figured out how to setup 3.2 along comes 3.2.1 with module support. "Hooray!!" and "now what ?" are my first two reactions. I can see from the docs that I need at least two, for the ircd to run, but what do all the others in the modules folder do, and whether I want/need them is still a little confusing for me, and how to restore all the commands that were in prior versions for Windows, has me a little confused too. Any other links to dox on this subject is appreciated. Thanks. Oh, and supposing I wanted to load every single module in the modules folder, is there a shortcut, rather than having a separate line in the config for each one?
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

Only loading commands.dll is enough to load all commands (actually not all, because some commands are still not modularized). The other modules (m_*.dll) are commands one by one, which you don't have to load if commands.dll is loaded. One of the advantages of having all commands in modules is, you can disable those ones you don't want anyone to allow to use. See codemastr's post in this topic for more information. That topic also describes how wilcards work in the loadmodule directive.
dink-puller

Post by dink-puller »

Wildcards!! Fantastic!! had a sneaking suspicion about that with all the m_ filenames. Thanks for the help.