Looking for a good UnrealIRC admin for a special project

Talk about pretty much anything here, but DO NOT USE FOR SUPPORT.

Moderator: Supporters

rpmws

Looking for a good UnrealIRC admin for a special project

Post by rpmws »

I need a good UnrealIRCd admin for a special project I host. It's a private (server password) server with about 600 people in one channel, a few extra channels and a few locally run php bots. I need help tuning for a mixture os Java, Flash and cgi_irc clients. The problems are we are using mainly some default setups for the past 2 years and are hitting some rate limits. I basically need someone who is interested in helping me out with my special needs. please PM me if you are interested in taking a look and helping me out. thanks!
katsklaw

Re: Looking for a good UnrealIRC admin for a special project

Post by katsklaw »

rpmws wrote:I need a good UnrealIRCd admin for a special project I host. It's a private (server password) server with about 600 people in one channel, a few extra channels and a few locally run php bots. I need help tuning for a mixture os Java, Flash and cgi_irc clients. The problems are we are using mainly some default setups for the past 2 years and are hitting some rate limits. I basically need someone who is interested in helping me out with my special needs. please PM me if you are interested in taking a look and helping me out. thanks!

I'm confused, you are asking for a good unreal admin, but all the stuff you are asking help with has nothing to do with Unreal...
rpmws

Post by rpmws »

what i need is someone who knows UnrealIRCd well enough to help me tune a configuration that has about 600 people in one channel and has a mixture of clients from Java to Flash to cgi:irc. The server is password protected for private users in this case. I am having some rate limit issues etc. Not having any client side issues. it's all server side configuration and limits. Basically need advice on how to run this particular project to preform it's best.
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

ok, what kind of rate limit issues are you having?

Yes, btw I'm an experienced admin.
rpmws

Post by rpmws »

well, we also run a cgi:irc install on the same physical server and only get about 20 people using it, while the rest of the users are Flash and Java conected. about 400-550 total. The disconnected messages I see and clienst complain about is a timeout of exactaly 5 minutes

Disconnect - (0:5:02) aswint724![email protected] [VHOST rox-E656F414.com]

I have had so many people screw with the configuration file, and during busy days .. it's hard to know what's screwed up in there and what's not. I tried throttling exceptions, raising the max per IP on the client class etc.
running 3.2.7 with no services, like i said whole server is password protected. if you would like to take a look it would be greatly appreciated. or any suggestions would be great.
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

it'll be a few hours before I can look at it. In the mean time could you paste your allow block, blocking out the password is fine as it's not needed for this.
rpmws

Post by rpmws »

katsklaw wrote:it'll be a few hours before I can look at it. In the mean time could you paste your allow block, blocking out the password is fine as it's not needed for this.
allow {
ip *@*;
hostname *@*;
password "pass-is-here";
class clients;
maxperip 200;
};
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

I'm sorry I meant your class block for your clients. My bad.
rpmws

Post by rpmws »

katsklaw wrote:I'm sorry I meant your class block for your clients. My bad.
class clients
{
pingfreq 90;
maxclients 600;
sendq 100000;
recvq 8000;
};
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

ok, PM me you server address and what I need to connect and I'll come look at it.