Trouble with T for reason (ipv6)

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
CrimsonGoddess

Trouble with T for reason (ipv6)

Post by CrimsonGoddess »

Today i had cahtter who log onto to my server today, and saw them useing ipv6, the funny part that was there host name did not come or that we couldn't whois them, idk if you guys have already address this problem but this sure a major one cause one knows it about they will all know it about. and to make matter wrost, defender or bomp didn't catch it either what make matter wrost with that ipv6 they log in as 0.0.0.0 which can't be gline, akill or anything since the services doesn't know how to read them blow is log alter only to protect the user and there ip......

[02:51] <Global> LOGUSERS: Starline (Star-tap@3001:0:53aa:66c:0:3229:9c97:59cc=> starlineirc.com) (Guest) [0.0.0.0] connected to the network (Starlineirc).
Jobe
Official supporter

Re: Trouble with T for reason (ipv6)

Post by Jobe »

Firstly their IP is not 0.0.0.0, what you pasted there that shows 0.0.0.0 is Anope's LogUsers output. Anope at present does not support IPv6 IPs for clients so is unable to display them in that output.

To get the users REAL IP use /whois <nick> <nick>

Now given that at present NO IPv6 address blocks have been delegated to RIR's within the 3000::/4 block we can be certain that the IP address used as the users host name is fake. Given that it shouldn't be possible to spoof IP addresses with UnrealIRCd without using cgiirc blocks and the WEBIRC command I have to ask do you have any cgiirc blocks in your unrealircd.conf? and if so how many use *@* for the mask?
Your IP: Image
Your Country: Image
CrimsonGoddess

Post by CrimsonGoddess »

if we would could use get host command or any command with it this wouldn't be problem the fact that nothing from stander /dns to gzline doesn't work with this kind of ip, infact that that only good thing we found that we could ban the nickname and indent, but otherwise where powerless to take any other actions against them and no they couldn't spooft on my netwrok casue we have a cgiirc block and mibbit block set where our users still users there own ip's. Also we tried to ban him in unrealircd.confg file which gave hell about settting actaully ip, But i'm saying that something that need to be look into, i'm not asking for overnight fix, but it something you guys should be aware of, cause put all of us who like and run unreal at risk
Jobe
Official supporter

Post by Jobe »

/dns in your case is a client side command so has nothing to do with UnrealIRCd anyway.

Now can you show me 1) /whois <nick> 2) /userhost <nick> 3) /userip <nick> with all 3 commands issued by an IRC operator.
Your IP: Image
Your Country: Image