Nick seen as service

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Atlantius

Nick seen as service

Post by Atlantius »

I remember in old version (i think 2004-2005) i made my nick seen as service and no one couldnt deop me or kill me or etc.
Is it still possible to be invinsible like that?

Thanks
Jobe
Official supporter

Re: Nick seen as service

Post by Jobe »

Not without a module, and I am unaware of a module that could do it because it is not something I have ever tried or looked into doing.
Your IP: Image
Your Country: Image
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

You need to set yourself umode +q (requires operflag can_setq). Then you need to have umode +S set on you by a server. +S will add a "is a Services" line to your /whois but doesn't do much else since you are not a u:line.

That's the closest you can get to "invincible". IRC is not designed to have such oper abilities as there is really no reason other than paranoia to need to be so "God like" and you will not be completely invincible as you wish.
cheiron

Post by cheiron »

there is unreal module m_netadmins by angrywolf.
*** netadmins - $Id: netadmins.c,v 1.8 2004/04/19 19:37:27 angrywolf Exp $ (Kill & ban protection for netadmins) [3RD]

Protects all NetAdmins from being killed and banned by non-NetAdmins, or if you want, by any IRC operators (except U:Lines).See the header of the module file for information about configuration.

http://www.angrywolf.org/netadmins.c

that is what you mean i think and dont need to be set as services. (m_uline)