'Clearing up some confusion'

Talk about pretty much anything here, but DO NOT USE FOR SUPPORT.

Moderator: Supporters

nate

'Clearing up some confusion'

Post by nate »

I like how, rather than get updates about UnrealIRCd, or maybe the fact that they finally found someone willing to put up with their bullshit, Stealth in all his overlord glory has to post about me because of some half stalking douchebag comes and rants about me because I mentioned the fact that what he knew about Unreal was limited compared to me for a simple fact.

Good job Stealth, not only did you humor a troll who's been raging on another network, but you managed to beat a dead horse pointlessly and show just how far the boat that is Unreal has sunk. I love how you locked the topic too, after letting whoever that other guy was rant about my 'obvious non-affiliation' with them as if there was ever one implied.

(Protip warg: I didn't even know 'synIRC' existed before I named my IRCd. It was a play off an alt nick I've been using since well before your network even existed as far as I can tell)

So yes, good job again stealth, at bringing up stuff due to a troll, I suppose that means you more or less just got trolled and managed to show the reality of Unreal's heavily faltering future.

(Oh yes, nice play at dusting off the fact you were at one point supposed to be who kept the forums and wiki up to date, guess you still never learned how to do that either.)
warg

Re: 'Clearing up some confusion'

Post by warg »

Your response only makes it more evident that it's true. Who got trolled? lawl. Maybe if you'd not take credit for the work of others, and instead take credit for what you actually do accomplish, your words would have greater value.

You were incompetent as a dev, produced absolutely shit for code, and absolute shit for a website (which sadly is _still_ our website), and I'm sure you produce absolute shit now.

You were removed with purpose and reason, and you continue to spread lies and rumors about your involvement with the UnrealIRCd project. It seems that all you can produce truly is shit.

So everyone, here is Nathan Bishop, with shit in hand and mouth. WYSIWYG.
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines." — Ralph Waldo Emerson
nate

Post by nate »

Your response is evident that you're one of the kiss ass people on stealth, considering you've had utterly no involvement in anything of what happened and apparently decided to inject yourself simply because you run a network with a name matching an IRCd title I chose?

And what credit did I take? I took no credit anywhere, all I stated was that I helped on the project, which is by no means incorrect, the fact this argument is even happening is evident of that. You guys simply took the rantings of a moron who raged and ranted so much he got himself glined as some sort of biblical text that couldn't be wrong. Again, good job, you humored a troll, lol.

I also point out again that, while stealth apparently says I was removed, I point out the fact that -I- had to remove myself from most of the shit, had to remove my own forum powers, even had to remove myself from the wiki as one of the staff, lol. That seems kind of odd if I was 'removed'.

So yes, I like how you come out of nowhere to not only inject yourself in a situation you had no part of, and apparently only know one side (stealth's) of, but now you're going to insult me by insulting the website (which at the time got plenty of compliments).

You should take your nose out of his ass before you can't breathe anything but stealth's 'Shit' as you so love to use the word.
warg

Post by warg »

I'm sorry, do you mistake me for someone unknown? Oh right, the new nick... I'm aegis, and I've been with UnrealIRCd for many years - long before we made the mistake of recruiting you. I was there, every bit to put up w/ your shit.

BTW, I don't run any IRC network. I made my statement out of courtesy for the SynIRC network.

As already mentioned, you were removed from UnrealIRCd support staff, and you resigned from Unreal 4 branch. You deserve a cookie for the attempt to manipulate, though.

IMO: I wouldn't be surprised if _you_ back doored UnrealIRCd. You had a greater knowledge than many about our setup; perhaps enough knowledge to extract your revenge.
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines." — Ralph Waldo Emerson
nate

Post by nate »

Lol, the mistake of. Interesting, yes I recall that name, I also remember quite a number of interesting conversations with you on similar issues, I find myself interested in the fact you're kissing ass so much now after what I recall, and the fact that you would take stealth's side on all this without even hearing both sides actually baffles me entirely.

But yes, I'm all the fault to things, that's why the other guy who actually was going to help with u4 quit over basically same reasons as me in the long run. And yes, I was 'removed' even though I was the one that pulled all my own access and references (the removal process at unreal must be really lazy of the fired staff have to remove themselves, yes the logic in that makes TONS of sense).

Anyways, I'll be the generally more mature one like I was back then, and end it now. You and stealth go back to sharing a bed as you wish, rant at me as you wish, those that matter basically recall what happened and the truth about it, if this is what Unreal will basically exist as from now and forward then so be it, just a shame that this is what Unreal exists as now, not a respectable project like once was, but as a project surrounded by drama.

Edit: Cute, yes, so I point out the factual errors in everything that's been claimed about me, so you go to insulting the site and then insulting me and my ethics by blaming -me- for the backdoor. I remember you being a fair bit more respectable and mature aegis, I'm almost curious as to what the hell happened to you. But like I said, I'm done, you guys can bitch on as you want, you've made it obvious you apparently believe whatever stealth has told you, so not going to argue with you further, nor stealth, ends now.

</end>
warg

Post by warg »

Let's give your ramblings some context. Here's a sort of annotated version of the forums post that you rebuke.

1) This post is to clear up some cunfusion about Nathan (nate/NBishop/synapt) Bishop's relationship with the UnrealIRCd project.

2) It is often brought to my attention how some things nate is telling users on other networks about the UnrealIRCd project is tarnishing the UnrealIRCd reputation for the purpose of Nate improving his own reputation.

3) Nate was a member of the UnrealIRCd Support Team for some time around 2007-2009, and was quite proficient in supporting users and helping them work out their problems with getting Unreal set up and in a production state.

4) He created the new version of the UnrealIRCd website.

5) Nate seems to take pride in assigning blame for download mirror hacking incident to myself (Stealth), however there is no root cause other than overlooked security measures as explained in our security advisory here.

6) Nate was involved with Unreal 3.2 and 3.3 (before 3.3 was scrapped) by submitting various patches to fix bugs.

7) As for Nate's involvement with Unreal 4, he was interested in helping write the C++ core for the project. 8) Nate never produced any code for Unreal 4. For about 9 months Nate claimed to have a core in progress, and continually put off providing code.

9) In May 2009, Stskeeps removed Nate from the UnrealIRCd Support Staff.

10) Nate then resigned from the UnrealIRCd 4 branch, saying he would use the core he had created for Unreal 4 as his own IRCd core (synIRCd).

11) As of this writing no actual code has been produced for synIRCd either.

1) (Fact) The purpose of this post was to clarify any possible misunderstandings about Nathan Bishop's involvement w/ the UnrealIRCd project. We retain the right to defend ourselves and contradict any false accusations involving the UnrealIRCd project, as would any entity.

2) (Fact) it's been witnessed that you slander UnrealIRCd (Opinion) in what seems to be an effort to elevate yourself.

3) (Fact) you were indeed a proficient supporter when you weren't being abusive to those seeking support.

4) (Fact) you created the piece of shit website we still run.

5) (Fact) it's been witnessed that you happily blame Stealth for the download mirror hacking. Nevermind that similar has happened to a great many projects before: irssi, debian security mirrors, sourceforge, <insert project here>. You're entitled to this opinion.

6) (Fact) you submitted several patches to Unreal3.2 and Unreal3.3 branch, which we're still grateful for.

7) (Fact) you did show a lot of interest in Unreal4 and in fact you may have been the driving light of that branch, however...

8) (Fact) you never provided any code at all for Unreal4.

9) (Fact) Stskeeps (no longer w/ us, currently the distmaster for Meego-ARM), removed you from UnrealIRCd support staff for several reasons, including: inability to produce code, abuse of your peers, and other reasons I cannot remember.

10) (Fact) you willingly chose to leave Unreal4 (we honestly expected this to happen), and you pathetically 'threatened' to take your core and build your own (imaginary) synIRCd.

11) (Fact) there is no synIRCd, by Nathan Bishop.
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

So yes, good job again stealth, at bringing up stuff due to a troll, I suppose that means you more or less just got trolled and managed to show the reality of Unreal's heavily faltering future.
Let me point out the original post states that this issue is often brought to my attention.

As far as trolls go:
  • 1 troll means we all laugh and ignore it.
  • 2 trolls is a coincidence.
  • 3+ trolls unrelated to each other months apart is a problem.
The number of times I am asked about your relationship with Unreal and have been told about what you've been saying is more than coincidence. Oh, and don't call your friends trolls, as those are the people who tell me what you say.
warg

Post by warg »

nate wrote:Edit: Cute, yes, so I point out the factual errors in everything that's been claimed about me, so you go to insulting the site and then insulting me and my ethics by blaming -me- for the backdoor. I remember you being a fair bit more respectable and mature aegis, I'm almost curious as to what the hell happened to you. But like I said, I'm done, you guys can bitch on as you want, you've made it obvious you apparently believe whatever stealth has told you, so not going to argue with you further, nor stealth, ends now.

</end>
I'm still the same guy, the same respectable and mature guy, Nathan.

I do not stand in Stealth's defense, but in UnrealIRCd project's defense. I insult the website because (as just about anybody would agree) it's crap, but even this I speak only from my own opinion. I don't need to 'believe whatever stealth has told', because I was there, and had very much an involvement in having you removed. You were arrogant (and still are I might add), yet couldn't produce code to support it.

You mislead us, you abused our users, and you dragged us on for 9 months. I'm pretty sure you lost your worth after the 1st month of no producible work.
ircoddessy

Post by ircoddessy »

Yike just staying clear of the politics.

http://www.ohloh.net/p/synircd

It exists but un like unrealircd he likes to keep tabs on who is using what.

People won't waste time resgistering for a piece of software they don't know let alone trust.

I would be guessing some of the things done in synircd go against the ethos that unrealircd worked hard over the years to uphold.

Trust is everything and tracking users is under a lot of fire eg the iphone and pad sagas of locate.db.

My loyalty stays here i have vested interests :P lol
warg

Post by warg »

@ircoddessy

I don't deny he started the project, but it contains NO code. :lol:

1 /* ----------------------------------------
2 ** synIRCd Proto [ClearSky Branch]
3 ** /synircd.cpp (Central Control)
4 **
5 ** $HeadURL$
6 ** $Id$
7 ---------------------------------------- */
9 namespace synIRCd {
10 // har har you just wanted to see my c0d3z
11 }

(followed from your link, http://www.ohloh.net/p/synircd)
http://synircd.svn.sourceforge.net/view ... -clearsky/