Link Problems

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
XxBoBxX

Link Problems

Post by XxBoBxX »

[00:05] -irc.dcloneirc.com- *** LocOps -- Link [@209.34.27.200.14118] denied, colliding server numeric

[00:06] -irc.d2usa.com- *** LocOps -- ERROR :from irc.dcloneirc.com[64.142.67.32] -- Closing Link: irc.d2usa.com[209.34.27.200] (Colliding server numeric (choose another))

The funny thing is.. i have tried just about every setting EXPECALLY the numeric. Is this a known bug.. or could something else be wrong?
Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

The two numerics are different, right? If they are the same, they won't link.
XxBoBxX

Post by XxBoBxX »

Trust me.. they are different. ive skipped all though 1-246 on both of them. (not ever landing on the same one)
Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

PM me with the two link blocks and your two set directives and I'll see if I can find anything. Just remove all passwords first, though.
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

I think you first tried to set up a link with two colliding numerics. Then you changed the numeric of one server to a different one and tried to relink. The problem is, you have to restart your server after each changes in the Me Block in order to bring them into effect. It's not a bug, by the way, it's rather a designed behaviour. A simple /rehash is not enough.
lord2800

Post by lord2800 »

That explains it. As soon as he gets back up(I was trying to help him with it), I'll have him do just that. That makes perfect sense now.
eQuiliBrium

Post by eQuiliBrium »

Yes this happent to me to one's.
Got tired of changing the numerics of the "me" block.
So i changed the cloak key's to a difrent numeric.
And after a "/rehash" the servers linked.
But with the notice that server-A dos not have the same cloak keys as server-B.
This link happend without a restart of the ircD.
After the server's linked i changed the cloak key again to the same as server-A and "/rehash" again.
Till now no problem has accourd.

Perhaps i will expiriens one when they will link next time.

Codeastr, give some licht to this issue pls
Let me think about it
Cjb

Bad Link

Post by Cjb »

09:11:14] -Irc.MeRulz.Biz- *** LocOps -- Link denied for Services.Merulz.Biz([email protected]) (No link block named 'Services.Merulz.Biz') [@201.129.168.12.33236]
-

Any people send me your unreal.config with services .config or
another web to download unreal+services...
XxBoBxX

Post by XxBoBxX »

heh.. now i have the problem with magick SQUIT in my other server because it doesn't like it. :(
jewles

Cjb: Linking

Post by jewles »

When linking you want to make sure you have a link block matching your services.

Code: Select all

link            Services.Merulz.Biz
{
	username	*;
	hostname 	127.0.0.1;
	bind-ip 	*;
	port 		7090;
	hub           	  *;
	password-connect "pass";
	password-receive "pass";
	class           servers;
};
You want to make sure you have the right u:lines as well.

Code: Select all

ulines {
	Services.Merulz.Biz;
};
Jay

Post by Jay »

Got this problem since beta 18, the only way I get all services linked is to link them in a specific order.

like first services (nick/chan/memo)
then neostats
finally solarstats :)

if I go by another order they collide.

Pritty strange, cause when in I put the services in debug mode, they all send out other numerics. Unreal just places them as unreal sees fit :) Even providing another numeric for eg neostats won't help, alway like number 4 even for anope services.

Anyway it's working at the moment and if I respect that order it'll alway work :-)
jewles

Jay: Unreal3.2 vs. Services

Post by jewles »

There aren't any linking bugs in unreal. If you are having a problem with link to unreal you should check the services to make sure there aren't any problems with them. What you might try doing for server numerics is setting the hub to 1 services to the max which is 254 and then other servers and services in between those two. Also please remember that you have to shut down the servers/services when changing the numeric.
lord2800

Re: Jay: Unreal3.2 vs. Services

Post by lord2800 »

jewles wrote:Also please remember that you have to shut down the servers/services when changing the numeric.
That's what threw us off. It's working like a charm now. (well, there are a few o-line bugs, but that's probably something we screwed up, we can deal with that. :))