[Question:] Oper Flags

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
dboyz

[Question:] Oper Flags

Post by dboyz »

I have 2 questions based on http://www.unrealircd.com/files/docs/un ... #operblock
  • What is the difference between admin and coadmin?
  • Services admin seems to have the same oper flags as netadmin. In which way services admin and netadmin differ?
katsklaw

Re: [Question:] Oper Flags

Post by katsklaw »

The differences are explained in the bottom of the oper block found at the link you posted.
dboyz

Post by dboyz »

#1 The admin/coadmin row in the second table did not tell the difference between admin and coadmin.
Certain flags give you other flags by default:
According to my interpretation, I believe global has local flags (which are "can_rehash", "helpop", "can_globops", "can_wallops", "can_localroute", "can_localkill", "can_kline", "can_unkline" and "can_localnotice") with additional "can_globalroute", "can_globalkill" and "can_globalnotice" flags.

admin/coadmin has global flags with additional "can_dccdeny" flag.

services-admin has global flags with additonal "can_dccdeny" and "can_setq" flags.
[this also means services-admin has admin/coadmin flags with additional "can_setq" flag.]

netadmin has global flags with additional "can_dccdeny" and "can_setq" flags.
[this also means netadmin has services-admin flags without additional flag.]
[which also means netadmin has admin/coadmin flags with additonal "can_setq" flag.]

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

Admin and coadmin are the same. We have 2 levels because when linking to some networks they only allow 1 person labeled as admin.

You are correct about services admin, it includes can_setq and can_dccdeny. A netadmin is the same as a services-admin, again for labeling purposes.
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

One notable difference with netadmin is they don't need can_setq to be unkickable because its.hardcoded that all netadmins are unkickable, all other opers need the flag explicitly.
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

katsklaw, netadmins can be kicked all the same :)