Counter user's chan with php script

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
TuSaiChi

Counter user's chan with php script

Post by TuSaiChi »

How do I have a php script type counter, which displays the page only the number of connected users in the channel.
With a string like this:
http://www.mywebsite.com/counter.php?chan=mychan
Stealth
Head of Support

Re: Counter user's chan with php script

Post by Stealth »

The best way to do this would be to have a stats service put user counts and information in a database that can be accessed using PHP by simply pulling the information from the common database (most likely some form of SQL or flatfile database).
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

Indeed. First, install and run Denora stats. Second, if you have knowledge of PHP+SQL or know someone who does (or any other such language) then you can write your own script to fetch the user count of a channel and do all kinds of other things with it.
Also check out the MagIRC Web Frontend on that site, it's quite nice :). You could also consider using just that (with Denora stats), and not code anything yourself.
TuSaiChi

Post by TuSaiChi »

Thank you, we use Denora stats statistics server. But also ircstats.
Thank you for your comprehensive answer, but I know of no one who can create the script in php. You could tell someone, or some site?
katsklaw

Post by katsklaw »

TuSaiChi wrote:Thank you, we use Denora stats statistics server. But also ircstats.
Thank you for your comprehensive answer, but I know of no one who can create the script in php. You could tell someone, or some site?
Simply googling "php irc channel stats" (without the quotes) will answer that question for you.