[DONE] netadmins port for 4.0

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.

Moderators: Gottem, Supporters

rcschaff

Post by rcschaff »

Gottem
UnrealIRCd coder

Post by Gottem »

Done.

Even though Unreal 4.x doesn't have a rank system, I've kept the name and will use part of the original terminology here.

The way it is now: prevents "netadmins" from getting killed/X:lined by "lower" opers and optionally by everyone but servers and U:Lines. Since ranks are no more, I went with a few operclass flags to indicate "netadmins" and their protection level. Also, TEMPSHUN wasn't overridden before but it is now. =]

Operclass example:

Code: Select all

operclass netadmin-protected {
	parent netadmin;
	privileges {
		m_netadmins { partial; };
	};
};
The innermost bit can be either partial or full. The first one means only other "netadmins" can do anything to you, the latter excludes those too. So people with full will still be able to kill the ones with partial. Anyone with either of those flags will count as a "netadmin".

I'll probably get to the other modules tomorrow. ;]
If you like my modules, pls consider donating (credit card or iDEAL, use the custom job fee option in my shop) ;];]
Callenbach

Re: [DONE] netadmins port for 4.0

Post by Callenbach »

Hallo Gottem,
Ik heb een vraag ik heb de module geinstaleerd

Ik heb dit in unrealircd.conf staan

loadmodule "third/netadmins";
Waar moet de code die hier onder staat ik heb hem in /unrealircd/conf/operclass.default.conf onder aan gezet toen unreal rehash gedaan

operclass netadmin-protected {
	parent netadmin;
	privileges {
		m_netadmins { partial; };
	};
};
Maar ben nog niet beschermt voor een server kill

Wat moet ik doen ?

Met vriendelijke groet

Erik Callenbach
Gottem
UnrealIRCd coder

Post by Gottem »

Well, putting custom operclasses in conf/operclass.default.conf is generally a bad idea, as an upgrade of Unreal overwrites it. =] If you're working with remote includes you can just set up a file with oper information (O:Lines, operclasses, ...) and include it on your server(s). Otherwise just put it in unrealircd.conf itself.

Other than that, this module only protects people from being killed by other opers:
Gottem wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:38 pm The way it is now: prevents "netadmins" from getting killed/X:lined by "lower" opers and optionally by everyone but servers and U:Lines.
If you like my modules, pls consider donating (credit card or iDEAL, use the custom job fee option in my shop) ;];]
Callenbach

Post by Callenbach »

I have put the code in unrealircd.conf and rehash done as a Ircoperator I put a kill does not protect
Gottem
UnrealIRCd coder

Post by Gottem »

..Did you change your oper block to use that class as well? Also you may need to re-oper for it to become active.
Callenbach

Post by Callenbach »

Je bedoelt in opers.conf deze line zetten?
verander
operclass netadmin-with-override;
naar
operclass netadmin-protected;
Gottem
UnrealIRCd coder

Post by Gottem »

Correct. =]
Callenbach

Post by Callenbach »

Ok thnx de module Module werk nu :)