error: Alarm clock

If you hit any installation issues or cannot connect to your freshly installed UnrealIRCd then this forum is for you.

Moderator: Supporters

abah

error: Alarm clock

Post by abah »

hy I don't understand what this means

Code: Select all

line 340:  2461 Alarm clock             $UNREALIRCDCTL $*
Valware
Official supporter

Re: error

Post by Valware »

Please can you provide some more context? For example, what command did you run, and what was the rest of the output?
Got an idea for a module? Don't be shy! Come talk to me on #unreal-support
Like the support I provide? Consider supporting me with a donation.
abah

Post by abah »

Valware wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:03 pm Please can you provide some more context? For example, what command did you run, and what was the rest of the output?
i rehashed unrealircd and it did nothing
Valware
Official supporter

Post by Valware »

It's difficult, but based on that information alone, I think you may have skipped the very first step in installing UnrealIRCd - the prerequisites
Got an idea for a module? Don't be shy! Come talk to me on #unreal-support
Like the support I provide? Consider supporting me with a donation.
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

So you run "./unrealircd rehash" and then you have this error, right? The short answer is that it means the server took too long to respond to (finish the) rehash. Longer than 20 seconds, which is rather unusual. I have not heard of someone else having this problem before.

Is your IRC server otherwise running fine? Can users connect, can you become oper and do things, join channels, etc ?

As an IRCOp, can you issue the /REHASH command on IRC? Does that work OK? How many seconds does it take for the REHASH to succeed?
abah

Post by abah »

Syzop wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:16 am
So you run "./unrealircd rehash" and then you have this error, right? The short answer is that it means the server took too long to respond to (finish the) rehash. Longer than 20 seconds, which is rather unusual. I have not heard of someone else having this problem before.

Is your IRC server otherwise running fine? Can users connect, can you become oper and do things, join channels, etc ?

As an IRCOp, can you issue the /REHASH command on IRC? Does that work OK? How many seconds does it take for the REHASH to succeed?
if i /rehash when it becomes ircop it works and no problem but when rehash inside unrealircd with ./unrealircd new rehash there is that error
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Re: error: Alarm clock

Post by Syzop »

And how how many seconds does it take to REHASH on IRC?
abah

Post by abah »

Syzop wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:21 pm And how how many seconds does it take to REHASH on IRC?
8 sec
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

Yeah that's rather long, the ./unrealircd rehash command gives up after 10 seconds.

Any idea why it is so slow? Is it a slow machine or do you use remote includes from a slow server or something?

I have only had this when debugging with gdb myself, if i also had AddressSanitizer enabled (last question during ./Config). I presume you said "No" to that ./Config question... which is good.
abah

Post by abah »

Syzop wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:46 pm Yeah that's rather long, the ./unrealircd rehash command gives up after 10 seconds.

Any idea why it is so slow? Is it a slow machine or do you use remote includes from a slow server or something?

I have only had this when debugging with gdb myself, if i also had AddressSanitizer enabled (last question during ./Config). I presume you said "No" to that ./Config question... which is good.
while ./config does nothing and lets it do its job
CrazyCat

Post by CrazyCat »

./Config asks you some things if you want to override the default settings. You can't do nothing :)