3 question about safety irc "service|" channels.

If your UnrealIRCd is up and running but you have a question about it, then use this forum.
(NOT for installation or connecting issues! Use the other forum instead.)

Moderator: Supporters

MRE

3 question about safety irc "service|" channels.

Post by MRE »

Hellow there

I'm the owner of my first running unreal ircd with webchat and znc.

First i started my quastion's i have no root access, but "user" access.
iff i need the root, than can i ask my hosting provider, but i lost the help service!
I'm a utch guy, sow sorry for something my lenguage.
I have login user login on putty and have user login on ftp.

I see on diffrent irc networks the have more channels that hide is for visitors, ok the locked.
But in diffrent channels the have things i like to have it too.
I see:

Question 1= Channels creating with all service bot in 1 channel (ChanServ,HostServ, BotServ, OperServ and more... (/bs botlist)
How the do that? How can i adding all this bots to 1 channel? When i use: /bs assign #channel botname
it's for 1 bot, and when i duse that command i will be changed by a other both. How to get this bots in 1 room?

Quesion 2= How can i ban users with "proxy" or ip blockers? I have try many ban options, but nothing helps... how can my irc ban this users automatic?
I have 1 user that come every day back wth diffrent ip and gline, zline, kline nothing was helpfll.... how can my irc ban him automatic?

Quesion 3= Is the a script or command i can use "cloony" ??? cloony = a irc thing i see a long time ago and that was on a "bot" and that bot shows the cloony name of the user. Iff this user change his name or using more nick names on the same ip, cloony show that.
example: Nick= Jimm second nick (on same ip) S4j and thirte name (on same ip) : Lady_lina
Cloony show this 3 names as: Jimm, S4j, Lady_lina

I ca see that the use diffrent names, but is the same person, but how to make that "cloony" thing???

I hope you can help me with this 3 qustions, sorry... i learn and is my first time, i hope this is right place to ask this things.
Thanks for help and your time.

MRE
CrazyCat

Re: 3 question about safety irc "service|" channels.

Post by CrazyCat »

Well.

Question 1 : it's anope related, not unreal. You can have main bots (chanserv, nickserv, botserv...) in a channel by enabling service::channels in each service config file, but I don't think you can have all botserv' bots in a channel without any anope module.

Question 2: configure blacklists (https://www.unrealircd.org/docs/Blacklist_block) and bans (https://www.unrealircd.org/docs/Ban_IP_block)

Question 3: you can try to install the third part module "Clones" from Gottem (https://gitgud.malvager.net/Wazakindjes ... /clones.md)
MRE

Post by MRE »

Ok that ip block is working.

Anope i must looking for i have a nope.
But that cloony? i dont understand how to install or used this is it a command?
CrazyCat

Post by CrazyCat »

To install it, from the unreal directory:

Code: Select all

./unrealircd module install third/clones
Then, edit your unrealircd.conf to add loadmodule "third/clones" and rehash the server.

Usage: read the link I gave or type /helpop clones
MRE

Post by MRE »

CrazyCat wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:56 pm To install it, from the unreal directory:

Than i get error: Bash... not workig.
I try aslso first: cd eggdrop and than this command line, but also bash error.
What i doing wrong?

I'm use puty and ist the first time.
CrazyCat wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:56 pm Usage: read the link I gave or type /helpop clones
read it 50 times, and type in mirc /helpop clones but othing works.
Say on mirc: No help avaible.
I must first running this on my server, but how? don't understand it
CrazyCat

Post by CrazyCat »

MRE wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:27 pm
CrazyCat wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:56 pm To install it, from the unreal directory:

Than i get error: Bash... not workig.
I try aslso first: cd eggdrop and than this command line, but also bash error.
What i doing wrong?
"from the unreal directory"...

cd unrealircd
Which version of unrealircd are you using ?
MRE wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:27 pm read it 50 times, and type in mirc /helpop clones but othing works.
Say on mirc: No help avaible.
I must first running this on my server, but how? don't understand it
If module is not installed and loaded in unrealircd, how can you imagine the command can work ?
MRE

Post by MRE »

I have unreal ircd 6.1.0. running.

But i think it's now ok.
But not what working for me.

i type in mirc: /clones 2 nickname it shows the cloones but i mean i need a sign when users come online into my server (the bot or something)
say whoi this user is, is it a clony or new user?
example:

user: "bram" has ip: 028.488.32.450 and change his name into "piet" results: bram and piet are the same person.
I can not see when this 2 users is the same person, i can now type: /clones bram or /clones piet and see this user has 1 cloon.

But how sure can i be iff this are 2 diffrent users on the same ip?
example: bram is online and wim is comming online. (in real live this are brothers) but i see 2 diffrent names.
How be sure i know this are brothers or people on the same ip?
i tyype: /clones bram and it shows 1 clone
i try also on: /clones 3 my.netork.name

I think this is more a bot what i looking for right?

(sorry for my englisch i'm dutch)
CrazyCat

Post by CrazyCat »

You can use a script in your eggdrop (with ircop access) to automate actions (like /clones) on user connexion.

The "clones" are users with the same IP, you won't know if they are brothers, or an user and 2 bots, or just a ghost (in case of ping timeout).

If you don't want clones, change your unrealircd settings (allow:maxperip) and add exceptions when needed.