Let's pick your brain, community!

Questions/suggestions/support regarding the admin panel, the JSON-RPC interface and other such software

Moderator: Supporters

Valware
Official supporter

Let's pick your brain, community!

Post by Valware »

Hi everyone.

I recently made a post about making third-party UnrealIRCd modules.
Well I don't just write modules, I also wrote the Webpanel. But did you know you can have plugins on your Webpanel? You can even contribute your plugins to the plugins repository.

And so I would like to ask for your thoughts about built-in features and third-party plugins. As in, what would you like to see? As you can see in the link above (or here), you can install a plugin where you can set up the ability to receive emails whenever someone logs in (or attempts to login) to your webpanel, including IP information.

This is just one idea, as you can see the other two aren't useful (both are examples of how to make plugins if you looked at the code), and so I'm reaching out to you, the fantastic UnrealIRCd community, to ask the important question:

What would you like to see?

There are a couple of ideas already from Syzop, which are
1) A search bar which uses JavaScript to display results as you type.
2) A map which shows a blip whenever someone connects who have a GeoIP record.

Maybe these ideas give you more inspiration about what you'd like in a plugin or built-in feature!
Hope to hear from you!

Valware
Official supporter

Re: Let's pick your brain, community!

Post by Valware »

For the record, I have my own (very much third-party) ideas regarding web integration. Do you have any particular web integration ideas?
Got an idea for a module? Don't be shy! Come talk to me on #unreal-support
Like the support I provide? Consider supporting me with a donation.