Need chinese translator?

Talk about pretty much anything here, but DO NOT USE FOR SUPPORT.

Moderator: Supporters

tomcat

Need chinese translator?

Post by tomcat »

You guys need chinese translators?
I could help if needed :wink:
codemastr
Former UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by codemastr »

If you are referring to translating the website, no we are not currently planning to supply website translations. The website is not currently designed with localization ability, unfortunately.

If you meant translating the documentation, see http://forums.unrealircd.com/viewtopic.php?t=497 it provides you with some information about what would need to be done. But yes, a Chinese translation would be great. But I guess we'd need a bit more info? I'm far from an expert on Chinese, but isn't there more than one written language that can be called Chinese? Meaning there is Traditional and Simplified. Then from what I understand Cantonese also has a slightly different alphabet. And I guess the various dialects also get thrown in there? Basically, can you be a bit more specific than just "Chinese"?
-- codemastr
tomcat

Post by tomcat »

What I mean "Chinese" is Chinese Traditional, and for myself I speak Cantonese.

I am interrested in translating the documentation. :wink:

So do I need to do anything before I start?

codemastr wrote:If you are referring to translating the website, no we are not currently planning to supply website translations. The website is not currently designed with localization ability, unfortunately.

If you meant translating the documentation, see http://forums.unrealircd.com/viewtopic.php?t=497 it provides you with some information about what would need to be done. But yes, a Chinese translation would be great. But I guess we'd need a bit more info? I'm far from an expert on Chinese, but isn't there more than one written language that can be called Chinese? Meaning there is Traditional and Simplified. Then from what I understand Cantonese also has a slightly different alphabet. And I guess the various dialects also get thrown in there? Basically, can you be a bit more specific than just "Chinese"?
唯一的中國人, 哈哈哈!
codemastr
Former UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by codemastr »

Just read and do what it says in the thread I posted a link to. It explains exactly what you would need to do to get it done.
-- codemastr
tomcat

Post by tomcat »

唯一的中國人, 哈哈哈!