Module for non regg user

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
jailmann

Module for non regg user

Post by jailmann »

Hello

is there a module or anythig for unreal or services when a user connect to any off the server an if they are not register the will be force to join a channel
codemastr
Former UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by codemastr »

Umm, such a feature is not possible. At the moment you connect, no one is registered. You have to wait until you do /ns identify. So this would basically redirect *everyone* to that channel. Furthermore, it sounds like a bad idea. Generally, the users who don't register their nicknames are the flooders/botnets/etc. Why do you want to redirect only those kinds of people?

Note: Yeah, you can technically be registered at connect using the PASS command to send to NickServ. However, I'd guess that less than 1% of the users actually do this so it would effectively just redirect everyone.
-- codemastr
jailmann

Post by jailmann »

Hello

i what only ppl that connect an not have register they will be sent to a channel like #netinfo then they will get help how to register there name not all ppl are good at mirc

those ppl that have register are not effecte about this only non register user
Dukat

Post by Dukat »

jailmann, seriously, did you even read what codemastr wrote?

The only possibilty you have is to notice the users, using a module for Services like ns_noticeunregistered for Anope.
aquanight
Official supporter

Post by aquanight »

codemastr wrote:Furthermore, it sounds like a bad idea. Generally, the users who don't register their nicknames are the flooders/botnets/etc. Why do you want to redirect only those kinds of people?
Considering the modern IRC client, how much easier is it to G:Line someone when their nick is in the nicklist? :P Got a botnet flooding its way into this channel? Make a popup to run Channel.MultiCommand "gline $nick Bye" (Klient, I think) or while ($1 != $null) { gline $1 Bye | tokenize 32 $2- } (mIRC) and then select every one of them, right click, G-Line, and one less problem :) .
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

Why force your users to register anyway ? . As you say a lot of people are not mirc savvy . I dont encourage users to register unless they know what they are doing . Most of our users prefer this as they can just connect and go . Maybe you could consider coding up a bot that you can program to send a help file on request to users with a basic command list etc .
codemastr
Former UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by codemastr »

Yeah, Solutech has a point. If you force everyone to register, it will just result in things like namehogging. Meaning, SomeGuy comes to your server, registers his nickname, then never returns. Well now users must wait 30 days before being able to use that nickname.
-- codemastr
jailmann

Post by jailmann »

Hello

maybe it is me that put the word wrong

if Test joins any server an the module or script see that he dosent have regg his name then he will be force to join #netinfo the in topic there will be a messages how to i dont want force user to regg only to be sent to a channel if the havent regg.

but just want to hear if there was a script or module but i seems not to be an it seems to be only me there want a thing like that

so i will try to find another way but thx for help so far
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

An alternative is also to set unreal to auto join all users to a room for example #Netinfo . No way to filter reg or non reg users but maybe you could use the channel for general info regarding the network or even have a bot like I suggested earlier that can send the info. Registering a nick isnt really that important to most users . Any of my users need help they wander into #help and ask . All of my opers tell new users to ask if they get stuck . If anyone asks "how do I register my nick" my bot tells them how to. Its just a simple trigger in mirc . You can insert the code into your own script if you want . Although ppl think you are talking to them then.

Code: Select all

on *:TEXT:*how do I register my nick*:#:/msg $chan $nick To register your nick type /msg nickserv register (Password you want)
medice

Post by medice »

there is a motd for general information, you can put thousands of things there, or just a http-link to those thousands of things.
same with logon-news - a feature several services-packages offer to send some important lines to each and every connecting user.

I know - hardly anybody is reading it so any hint to documentation sites etc. is for nothing...
but it's the same with topics - users don't read them.
It might be handy to give the users information they might need in a offensive manner - but even a forced join does not provider this.
Either people are complaining being forced to somewhere, where they don't wanted to be, or they don't even get it at all... I think only a minority might benefit from this kind of help - the majority is not effected at all and the rest doesn't like it...
greets
/medice