Launch of the Unreal IRCD Support and Community Site

News about the UnrealIRCd project, including release announcements
DeMiNe0

Launch of the Unreal IRCD Support and Community Site

Post by DeMiNe0 »

It all started about a month ago.... I want on somones network running unreal IRCD. I saw in there motd that they had real time channel logging service. I thought to myself... Wow, thats awsome. I wanted to find out more about this, so i joined there support channel. After a few /whois's i found there network admin(or he found me via the whois notice :P ). We got to talkin and i found out that this was a module for unreal ircd. He gave me the site that he got it at, and WoW! There where so many modules that i had no clue about that somone made for Unreal.
I thought that if there was a site like this, then there had to be more. I tryed searching google, but i couldn't find anything, so at that point, i went to unreal ircd's site, to see if i could find some kind of forum. I couldn't find one :(. I signed up on there mailing list as well.. It was somwhat active but noone knew of any other sites, and the mailing list was also hard to keep track of, so i decided to make this!

Basicly i want this site to be a central community for all unreal ircd users and developers. I want this to be a place people come for support and also a place people come to release modules or code hacks that make. If we work at this and i get the support of the Unreal IRCD team, we could make Unreal IRCD, and this site, MUCH bigger.
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

I'm very interested in such proposals. As far as I'm not too optimistic, this will help people using UnrealIRCd a lot, however I'm not sure what the UnrealIRCd Team think of it. I wish you to have a good luck, but also suggest you to expect a refusal a little bit. In all cases this site is always fine at least for an unofficial UnrealIRCd community forum, so keep it up! :)
DeMiNe0

Post by DeMiNe0 »

I just got done talking to codemastr, they will be using it as there officle forums. :P
eQuiliBrium

Post by eQuiliBrium »

Thats really good new's
Congratulation's
Let me think about it
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

As I can see, you've also got some instructions from him (regarding the version name, Unreal3.1.x, etc.), anyway, congratulations from me too!
codemastr
Former UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by codemastr »

No, I made the changes myself. Basically, we don't want a bug report forum here because it just makes things more difficult since it means we have to regularly check here and bugs.unrealircd.org also, since 3.2 is out of beta, 3.1.x is being phased out. Really, the entire 3.1.x section should be gone (we don't support 3.1.x any longer) but I figured I'd keep it around in case users feel like helping other people with 3.1.x problems.
-- codemastr
eQuiliBrium

Post by eQuiliBrium »

Yes i agree with codemastr.
There are a lot of ppl out there still using the older version of unreal.
As the new version of unreal i so much more userfriendly, and difrent than the old version, there is a lot of new things to learn ever day.
Even for ppl that are still using old version's.
Let me think about it
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

woops.. I accidently deleted a post from someone here... asking for an url of where DeMiNe0 talked about, sorry ;P.

My reply:
I don't think such a site was created, nor do I see any need for it... we don't support code changes, the modules are now listed on the unrealircd.com website, and (as you can see) a forum now exists ;p.
The post was very old (6 months), so things have kinda improved/changed since then ;).
Winbots

Post by Winbots »

lol that was my post :P
maver

suggested new command

Post by maver »

hello... is possible add new command tio disabled /map and other info to prevent display any information for links network ??? or display only admin . this to prevent the ddos or any other dangerous abuse for user stupid.

tank for patience... my english is not good. :-(

maver (florence-italy)

bye
w00t

Post by w00t »

Hi Maver,

First, this is really the wrong place to ask. Try the "Unreal Support" section, or better still, go to bugs.unrealircd.org and ask there.

Secondly, it has already been thought of and discarded, as the information in /map and /links can be gotten from elsewhere :)

If you could provide us with some information on your DoS problems, someone may be able to help.
-ChatSpike IRC Network [http://www.chatspike.net]
-Denora Stats [http://denora.nomadirc.net]
-Omerta [http://www.barafranca.com]
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

Or you can use the International Forum as well with the hope that some supporters speak Italian. (I do a bit, however, although I usually understand what people say in Italian, I can't help too much in DoS problems.)
maver

Post by maver »

sorry.... i posted here my question.... sorry :-)
the ddos problem do not have the solutions , any user view the really ip of the server :-(
I ask any idea from the irc channel support.... tank for all and sorry for off topic.

bye. :P
Dark-X

hey

Post by Dark-X »

Hey everyone im a newbie to this, and my question is that where can i find ircd commands and linking server guides? Is there a way to active the ircd services like e.g., nickserv,chanserv,hostserv, etc... ? please help me ASAP!!
Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »