Ircd isnt seeing me as being in the opers class upon connect

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Jedi

Post by Jedi »

i dont have "allow::options::noident" listed anywhere in my access.conf file and its denying me to be able to use my ident in the ip section. so does this mean its still a bug or am i missing a step here? :)
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

And are you sure the server can get your ident name? If yes, then your username isn't prefixed with a ~ sign, is it?
Jedi

Post by Jedi »

i do have a tilda by my ident right now but i did put the tilda in the ident section as well as tried it with a wild card behind my ident.

However it does work when i set it up like the way rob suggested it. I guess its seeing my ident now with the tilda. Its just odd that all this has changed. All this worked before when i had a tilda by my ident. now it seems to only work if i put a wildcard for both the ident and ip in the ip section and just have the ident listed in the hostname section.

If its a problem that was fixed with this release then great :D But if its a bug that is a problem with this release then im glad i brought it up here :D
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

If your ident name can't be resolved, you'll get a message like:
*** No ident response; username prefixed with ~
The tilde in your username means the server couldn't find your ident name.
Jedi

Post by Jedi »

yea i understand that but why would it work before with a tilde in my ident (and i had it listed as ~jedi@* in the ip section in my access.conf file) and now it wont work unless i remove it?

Also right now im currently in the opers class that i set up as long as i set my access.conf file up like rob said. So it must be able to understand to let me in as being in the opers class as long as i supplied the proper password even though i have a tilde in next to my ident.

What is weird is right now my ident does say this:
Jedi is ~[email protected] * Jedi

However i didnt get that message you posted when i connected to my server stating that it couldnt get my ident. But it must not have been able to get my ident properly since i do have a tilde next to my ident.

This is off topic i know but maybe this pertains to the problem :D
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

As I've already told you, the reason is a bugfix in UnrealIRCd (#0001416), but I don't know much about why currently allow::hostname and allow::ip don't accept both ident and user names by default, sorry.
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

Currently the only thing I can suggest to you is - since seemingly you aren't using identd right now - the following:

Code: Select all

allow { 
ip ~Jedi@*; 
hostname ~Jedi@*; 
password "test"; 
class opers; 
maxperip 3; 
options { noident; }; 
};
Or you can specify *Jedi@* too, but I think ~Jedi@* is more secure.
Jedi

Post by Jedi »

i tried what you posted ealrier and im still having problems :/

What i have found is this.. Whatever the last block is that is listed in the access.conf file is the only one that works properly. What i mean is this.

I had my jedi access additon in there as the last one from the bottom and it let me in fine. However it gives the message "password mismatch" for everyone else above me including the clients. The clients dont even have a password requirement.

How i understand how access.conf works is that if you have certain ips or idents listed (and listed properly with the clients being at the top of the list and all others listed below it) in a certain class then those users have to meet the credentials to proceed to connect to the server. As in i give someone access to connect in the opers class but i add their ident and a password requirement in there. If they connect using that ident they have to supply the proper password or it wont let them connect. If they supply the proper password with that ident then it will allow them to continue. However its not doing this. Its just reading the last one listed and damning the rest of them.

It appears that the ircd is reading whatever is first from the bottom and everyone else is just sol.

I think this might be a bug. :/
AngryWolf

Post by AngryWolf »

Not a bug, it's just that you don't have allow::options::nopasscont in your passworded allow block. (See my configuration on the first page.) By the way, when I wrote the last example, I forgot that you are using multiple allow blocks.