Cygnus RootServ RAW

The UnrealIRCd team does not officially provide support for any services packages that you may be using or want to use. This forum is provided so the community can help each other with services issues.

Moderator: Supporters

Prodigy

Cygnus RootServ RAW

Post by Prodigy »

Hey,
Im trying to figure this out. Im using RAW through rootserv and Im trying to give people oper flags through it and I can give some like +b for klines and stuff but I cant give them +v? oper override

msg rootserv raw svso <nick> +v :0
msg rootserv raw svs2mode <nick> +v :0

anyone wanna help me out?
aquanight
Official supporter

Post by aquanight »

First of all, Cygnus has been out of development for who knows how long now, so who knows what kind of bugs it has that are probably going to go unfixed.

Second, raw has the potential to seriously screw up your irc network, so don't be surprised to hear people say they won't help you with it. If you want to know the correct syntax, help.conf is the only help you'll get.

Third, I should point out that neither SVS2MODE nor SVSO require a time parameter, just the nick and the mode/flag change is sufficient.

Also usermode +v (which your second line would set) is NOT operoverride. Usermode +v is the "DCC Deny rejection notice" (Shouldn't it be moved to an snomask?)

The only reason the first line probably doesn't work is most likely your services aren't ulined properly, or you have compiled UnrealIRCd with OperOverride disabled (#define NO_OPEROVERRIDE in config.h). Also, you can NOT give operoverride to a local operator (+O), you must have global or above for override to work. This has to do with remote servers validating the mode change as most do :P .
Prodigy

Post by Prodigy »

aquanight wrote: Also usermode +v (which your second line would set) is NOT operoverride. Usermode +v is the "DCC Deny rejection notice" (Shouldn't it be moved to an snomask?)
+v usermode IS oper override...and its an oper flag not usermode flag
aquanight
Official supporter

Post by aquanight »

No. A usermode is NOT THE SAME as an operflag. Why don't you read help.conf and see for yourself?