Linking problem

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Karimz

Linking problem

Post by Karimz »

yo guyz ive been trying to link a server tho its not working... when it links for like some minutes it delinks again with this error:

-lebanon.golpo.net- *** LocOps -- ERROR :from Scream.For.Golpo.Net[84.22.98.77] -- Closing Link: lebanon.golpo.net[69.50.188.249] (Ping timeout)
-

I tried to increase ping freq but still get same error. NOTE: 3 servers have tried to link to the same server and r having same error though 10 servers r already linked to it. HERES the link block both servers have:

MY SERVER:

link scream.for.golpo.net {
username *;
hostname 84.22.98.77;
bind-ip *;
port 6667;
password-connect "gameisover";
password-receive "gameisover";
hub *;
class servers;
options {
autoconnect;

};

};

2nd SERVER:

link lebanon.golpo.net{
username *;
hostname 69.50.188.249;
bind-ip *;
port 6667;
password-connect "gameisover";
password-receive "gameisover";
hub *;
class servers;
options {
autoconnect;

};

WHATS TO BE DONE !?!?!?

};
Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

If you've already increased the value of class::pingfreq for your server class, then it's probably something wrong with the connection to the machine. (What speed is the connection to the machine in question?) Routing or firewall problems may also be to blame; however I consider this remote (mainly because I haven't ever encounted something like that).

By the way, the next person to post their link passwords deserves to be shot. Repeatedly.
m0e

Post by m0e »

Please check that your isps are allowing these ports that you are using through their firewall. Alot of ISPs block these ports cause of the ddos attacks that have been caused for the past 3-4 years.
McTerry

Post by McTerry »

Try to disable the "autoconnect" function.
Sometimes it helps to connect by writing the connect command your self. =)
BOOM!