Request: away announce module?

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
Mr_S

Request: away announce module?

Post by Mr_S »

Hiya all, is there a way or a module that will echo a raw data to everyone in the channel saying "user X has gone away/ returned" without using a timer for the RAW318 (think thats the away raw).

Idea is to use it for webchat but without a timer

[Unreal3.2.3 | FC3]
Special

Post by Special »

You could make a module that override the /away command and send a message to channels.

I'd do it for you for a bit of $ :D
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

Great way to spam up your channel in my opinion . Personally I detest away scripts . If someone isnt there they tend not to type in my experience . Works for me lol :D
Yawn. So there's yet another "if the user clicks the button, they're infected" exploit. Why is this news? We already know users are idiots.
Mr_S

Post by Mr_S »

[quote=Solutech]Great way to spam up your channel in my opinion . Personally I detest away scripts . If someone isnt there they tend not to type in my experience . Works for me lol [/quote]

REALLY?? :shock: Well, erm.. obviously :? .

But look at this from a webchat point of view for which i have asked a module to work WITH using unreal... not jus a module to work for unreal. You need a way to check if a user is still away via webchat using unreal (timer example) or they gonna look like they are there but idle.

I used to be in a webchatroom and out of the 20/30 people that was in there.. 2 spoke.. rest were idle.. And to walk into a chatroom trying to make it successful with what look like idlers or bots isnt very welcoming. Plus more to the subject, this module is only MAINLY going to be for such a purpose.. Away.

I expect a few n00bs. Not to sure on what they are looking at in the room, So wouldnt it help them by knowing someone is away then being a stuck up snob and not replying to a simple hello? :P 8)

So, if anyone can help me find a module.. it would be appreciated. Thanks again :)