Request: only ircop can msg ulines

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
pete212

Request: only ircop can msg ulines

Post by pete212 »

Is there a module so only IRCops can msg u:lines so for example only irc operaters can use chanserv nickserv etc.

And if not can someone make it, or help me on makin it?
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

Your services package should be structured so only ircops and higher can access what is needed by them. The user level commands shouldnt really be restricted . I cant see why you would want to stop a user from for example registering their nickname and so forth . If its to for example stop a user registering a room then ircservices has the ability to restrict it to admins .
Yawn. So there's yet another "if the user clicks the button, they're infected" exploit. Why is this news? We already know users are idiots.
pete212

Post by pete212 »

Well its not that i dont want to stop a user from registering, its that i dont want them to use chanserv at all.
Solutech

Post by Solutech »

With the proper modes and access levels set then your users cant do a lot with chanserv anyway . Check your chanserv commands help and see how to change access levels .
Yawn. So there's yet another "if the user clicks the button, they're infected" exploit. Why is this news? We already know users are idiots.
pete212

Post by pete212 »

I run auspices 2.8 there isnt much =| thats why i was hoping i could do something on the IRCd side, and i cant change services because of how much we have on our database it would be too much to switch..
codemastr
Former UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by codemastr »

Is there such a module? Not that I'm aware of. Could it be made? Definitely. However, it's a bit more complex than you might think. Remember, there are several different ways to send a message to services. You can use /msg nickserv, /msg [email protected], /ns, /nickserv, etc. All of these things must properly be taken into account in order to prevent normal users from issuing such commands. So there is quite a bit of work involved with such a module.

Could you make it yourself? I guess that depends on how knowledgable you are with C and of the Unreal source code.

As for having someone else do it for you, this is really a module that would only be useful to you and maybe a handful of other networks. As a result, I doubt you're going to find someone who is willing to take the time to do this at no cost. However, for a reasonable fee, such a module could be made for you and tailored specifically to your network's needs. If you are interested in such an option, send me an email at [email protected] and I'll try to work something out with you.
-- codemastr
pete212

Post by pete212 »

Okay if it becomes hopeless figuring this out on my own, ill take your offer into consideration..
pete212

Post by pete212 »

I figured it out :) Got the module done bug free, if anyone needs it drop me a PM
w00t

Post by w00t »

I might just point out that it probably would have been much more beneficial to switch services packages.

Database conversion utilities exist.

Auspice is teh suck.
-ChatSpike IRC Network [http://www.chatspike.net]
-Denora Stats [http://denora.nomadirc.net]
-Omerta [http://www.barafranca.com]