SSL only Opers.

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
adam15906

SSL only Opers.

Post by adam15906 »

Is there anyway to make IRCop Status allowed to only SSL users? So if your on a normal port it will give some kind of error that you need to be on an SSL port. I am concered because the person who runs my IRCd uses ettercap which I also like to use but appearntly it can read IRC ports very nicely. My other net owner was made that he could read our PMs. Appearntly it can read any command unless your on SSL. This is why I want IRCops to be on SSL only. I know this can't be fool proof because he might be able to read the IRCop password on the fail to IRCop on a normal port but atleast the net would be safer that it was. Its not the owner of the shell is malicious, its just he likes to check traffic going in and out of his PC. But then again, you don't really have to read everything.
One Love!
Stealth
Head of Support

Post by Stealth »

This indeed would be a good option feature. I do not think this can currently be done.

Although, If you feel the need to make your oper blocks secure, make the oper::from userhosts more specific. With a userhost set, it will be harder for anyone to use an oper password they obtain in any way.

This is how I currently have my oper blocks set up, and I feel confident that I can give my oper password to anyone and it will be useless to them. The only way they can use my oper block would be to spoof my host - and even that takes more effort than it is worth.

Hope this helps!
aquanight
Official supporter

Post by aquanight »

If you had looked in the Modules forum, you'd have found: http://forums.unrealircd.com/viewtopic.php?t=51 :P