throttle question

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
droolin

throttle question

Post by droolin »

I have just installed the throttle set block on all our servers due to a few specific twits that just connect and quit, connect and twit. Ya know, idiots are us type of people.
I seen the exception block that I can build for some of our users that have eggies for trivia and stuff that would possible go over the throttle limit, so I understand that.
My question concerning the throttle is. Are people banned if they go over the limit? Or, is that ip just restricted from connecting untill a specifc time frame(defined in the throttle set block?) is passed?
I know, stupid question. But, I had an opper ask me it.. And I really didnt see anything in the anti-flood documentation that really spelled that the throttle specifics out in that area. That, or I just plane missed it.

droolin
ps. I really need to learn to spell
Hornyness is a perpetual thang. The hornier you are, the hornier your going to be.
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Post by Syzop »

It doesn't really ban the user (like a *line)...
It works like this: if for example 4 connections per 60 seconds are allowed.. then the 5th, 6th, etc.. connection will be denied until the 60 seconds are exceeded (well, more or less).. After that you can connect 4 times again (quickly or not).