ssl error question

These are old archives. They are kept for historic purposes only.
droolin

ssl error question

Post by droolin »

We are runing Unreal3.2.3 on all our servers, and I was just provided an error message that was seen via server notice on one of our ssl servers:
Exiting ssl client myflix[[email protected]]: SSL_read(): Underlying syscall error?
I looked into the error log for this server, and did not see this message. I also checked the connect log for this server and did not see this message.
We have set up an ssl round robin also through our dns for our users, with specific instructions that they use port 25401 which is how we have our ssl listen defined in our ssl servers.
As a follow up to this:
1). This server runs on FreeBSD 4.11
2). I checked the config.status to insure that I actualy did set the server up for ssl.
configured by ./configure, generated by GNU Autoconf 2.53,
with options \"'--with-showlistmodes' '--enable-hub' '--enable-ssl' '--enable-ziplinks' '--enable-prefixaq' '--with-listen=5' '--w
ith-dpath=/usr/home/debbie/Unreal3.2' '--with-spath=/usr/home/debbie/Unreal3.2/src/ircd' '--with-nick-history=2000' '--with-sendq=30
00000' '--with-bufferpool=18' '--with-hostname=ircd.lomag.net' '--with-permissions=0600' '--with-fd-setsize=1024' '--enable-dynamic-
linking'\"
3). I tried to connect to this server via ssl, and connection was refused. ???
Any sugestions or ideas what may have caused this error?
Appriceae any and all help and thank you in advance.

droolin
Hornyness is a perpetual thang. The hornier you are, the hornier your going to be.
Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

FAQ - Exiting ssl client [..] Internal OpenSSL error or protocol error

(Your case isn't explicitly mentioned, but probably falls into the above category.)
droolin

Thank you for your information

Post by droolin »

In my previous post I mentioned thta I tried to connect to the server via ssl, and couldnt. Thats cause(duuu), I typed out the server connect wrong for that port. I had no issue's at all with regard to connecting to that server when I used the correct syntext in the /server connect.

Ron2k, thank you for directing me to that FAQ on the Exiting ssl client. We have had servers that issued those types of messges off and on over the time we have run ssl, and I have never known what they ment. So, I decided to ask this time. The information was very much appriceated, and I havent been notified of any further instances of it. So, again. I think your right.

If I see alot of them, I'll use my tried and proven method of correcting things like that. If in doubt, remove the Unreal3.2 folder except for config files. And recompile the sucker from scratch. That almost always seems to fix problems I can't track down.
Again, thank you.

droolin
Hornyness is a perpetual thang. The hornier you are, the hornier your going to be.