Linking 2 servers on localhost

This forum is for everyone having trouble with linking two UnrealIRCd servers

Moderator: Supporters

draupnir

Linking 2 servers on localhost

Post by draupnir »

Hi,

I installed Unrealircd 4.0.1 for windows, and I just copied it in another path, in order to have 2 different servers running on my pc. But, I have some troubles when I want to link 2 servers on my localhost. It tells me Closing link: Write error: Socket is not connected.

So I conclued that it is not possible to link 2 different servers (running in different paths with different unrealircd.conf) in order to create a hub ?

Thank you in advance for your reply.
Syzop
UnrealIRCd head coder

Re: Linking 2 servers on localhost

Post by Syzop »

Running two UnrealIRCd instances on Windows is unusual but should be perfectly possible. Like you did, running from two directories, GUI version.

The information you provided is too limited I'm afraid. Please paste link blocks and full error notices from both sides. Anyway, hopefully you have fixed your problem already by now.
Poussafoc

Re: Linking 2 servers on localhost

Post by Poussafoc »

draupnir wrote:Hi,

I installed Unrealircd 4.0.1 for windows, and I just copied it in another path, in order to have 2 different servers running on my pc. But, I have some troubles when I want to link 2 servers on my localhost. It tells me Closing link: Write error: Socket is not connected.

So I conclued that it is not possible to link 2 different servers (running in different paths with different unrealircd.conf) in order to create a hub ?

Thank you in advance for your reply.
that would be possible even if it's really usual. We'll take a general case on it. Can you paste here on how you will do it?